*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961792-The-Woods-flash-fiction-117
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1961792
boys in the woods
         They darted through the woods howling his name “David”. The sun shone through the trees casting gloomy shadows everywhere.

          Breathing heavily David face shone with fear. He sat against a huge oak tree. He could hear branches breaking and the echoing in the woods of the group of boys that were after him. He stood and begins to run again. His legs tired and pants ripped from falling many times.

          Daryl yelled “this way” as he trudged threw the trees to the river side. There stood 5 high school boys and one little frail 7th grader.

          David was backed up to the lake staring at the beastly boys. Randy was the first to give David a push toward the lake. David had no idea why they had chosen him to terrorize, he was afraid of what they would do next.

          Then Daryl kicked him in the stomach hard enough to make him fall into the lake.

         The water was cold and David tried to swim but couldn’t.


         “Let’s go” Daryl said. Kip gleamed at him and said “we can’t leave him he’ll drown”. By the time kip turned around to help, David was gone. They all left scanning the lake one more time for David.

         The next day the boys meet in their favorite place in the woods. They were planning there weekend camp out when Kip heard a low whimpering sound.” What’s that?” He heard it again it could be David. After all David wasn’t in school. Randy laughed at Kip then he heard a loud howl within the trees.” No worries he’s there” Daryl pointed to a sopping wet David.” This isn’t over yet.” David said. He used great force and ripped a tree from the ground the roots hanging with dirt and whipped it at the boys.

Word count 300
© Copyright 2013 bluemistfairy (bluemistfairy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961792-The-Woods-flash-fiction-117