*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964734-Linda-flash-fiction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1964734
Linda's life
    Linda stepped outside a chilly breeze swept passed her face. It was bright out some from the sun but mostly from the white snow that covered the ground. She took a few short breaths of the cool winter air and walked briskly down the short driveway to the mail box. Even though she didn't like the cold she enjoyed being outside for a short period.
Suddenly everything went black. Red and blue lights were flashing and she heard a buzzing sound. "Transaction expired" a digital voice said.

  Linda was standing in her vision pod. Her room was small only a few items she had inquired from the massive explosion that changed earth. She peered out a port hole window seeing the ground burnt and all living plant life dead. The sky was hazy no sunlight. Even the smell in the air was foul.

  She had missed work at the Vision Center and would be docked points from her paycheck.  Beep went Cosmo. Linda's personal door security she had installed.           "Identify" Cosmo requested "Sara" a voice responded. Linda grabbed the remote and presses the button to allow her sister in.  Sara skipped over to the bed and sat down. "Wow can't believe you won that vision pod last year. It sure must make life easier to be able to escape into a different place. Can I use it?" "What's the password?" Linda said.

  Sara gave her a playful shove and entered the pod. Just then Cosmo beeped again. "Identify" "35A and 35B from Domech industries." Linda let the two robots in as it was time for her daily shot. Domech was trying to make people more intelligent and able to cope with their surroundings. After the shot they left. Sara hadn't ever been given a shot. She had been in hiding.



Word count 300

© Copyright 2013 bluemistfairy (bluemistfairy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964734-Linda-flash-fiction