*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962805-Skye-Walker
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1962805
first chapter written- an alien princess must save her planet and brother from her sister
What if everything you ever did, ever watched, ever read, was preparing you for the future? That is the position I find myself in now on Poldermious, not sure which way to turn, which way will get me to Zach and which will end my world as I know it. My name is Skye walker, third heir to the Zaltarian throne, I am 17 and i wont let the magistrate catch me. I wont let Zaltar down and I will get my brother, by any means necessary.



CHAPTER ONE
We live on zaltar, 5th planet in our galaxy, our people are very tall and have varying looks, hair colors from black to green, natural. Only the royals have different colored eyes, otherwise its Grey or brown eyes,its our identifying mark. I have three siblings the oldest is my sister, Amythist, she is 19, 6'1 with long purple hair, (hence her name), and big blue eyes. Second, my brother and twin, Zach, older by 16 minutes, like me he has black hair, and gold eyes, he is 5'9 and catching up to Amythist fast. I'm next, with long black hair and gold eyes, and only slightly shorter then Zach at 5'8, and then my youngest sister Sleetar, 12 with long blond hair and violet eyes, 5'4. I was always the more gifted of my siblings, more mathematically gifted, more physically inclined, not afraid to stand up for myself and my people. I guess when I was younger my father saw something in me that I have yet to see in myself, he was a samitar, an older one who can sense peoples futures, he cant see them but he can sense whether your destined for something big or if you will be dangerous. What he saw in me, I’m not sure, he took me under his wing. He trained me in marshal arts from my earliest age and taught me everything he knew, computer skills, Reading people, disguises, logical thinking, and got my mother to teach me her skill of persuasion. They were subtle enough not to stir my ego, they got my books and movies where the character had to think his way out of a problem or use other skills, so I was always thinking of how to get out of situations and how to solve problems on my own. Amythist was always jealous of the attention our parents gave me, even though they were good about spending time with all of their children and finding ways to include them in everything, including personal days with each child.. still, this did not matter to Amythist, she felt I was not the child our parents saw, she being the oldest felt she should have our parents full attention and praise. So we never got along, try as I might to get on her good side. Zach and I on the other hand, were as close as could be. He didn’t seem to mind, or even notice the attention paid to me by our parents. He was always the sibling I saw as leader. He read into our planets events and knew zaltars history back and forth, and was always asking our father questions and tagging along to our fathers many kingly duties. I guess you could say I lived to please my father, always ready with a smile at his lessons, and more like my mother, feeling a strong attachment to the people of zaltar. I never saw myself as a future ruler or them as my subjects, I felt there would always be someone more equipped then me and the responsibility frightened me, not that I would ever tell anyone, I was a rock for my family, not showing any fear or pain, ever. Skeetar is my baby, I adore her, she is the pure innocence of our mother and has the uncanny ability to know what you are thinking and when you are lying, no matter how good you are are. I can tell her anything but am also very protective of anything that could harm her. My best friend Is Xaviar Hulu, I met him during my first marshal arts lesson and he has been a trusted friend ever since. Xaviar is 19, two years older then me and has a good sense of humor once he warms up to you. Our parents died 3 years ago, murdered by poldermious assassins. I was 14 then, and that day still haunts me and drives everything I do.
© Copyright 2013 Aubrey waters (maya_drew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1962805-Skye-Walker