*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963263-A-Womens-Hands
Rated: E · Other · Women's · #1963263
The importance of small things
A Women's Hands.....



Most everyone has them, yet we don't think much about them. Without them we would adjust, however the level of difficulty to function would be overwhelming. Have you ever wondered how you would function without them? I look at my hands and am amazed by their creation. Even as I am typing, I see that my fingers know just the right amount of pressure to place on the keys of my keyboard. Strangely enough, when I look at my hands, I remember my mother's hands. To me they don't even look like they belong on my body.



Whether you have short fingers or long, fat ones or skinny, matters very little. We all acomplish so many tasks

with our hands everyday. A woman uses her hands to show many different things to her loved ones. We rub and caress to show love or concern, we chop and cook to provide, we do the everyday dutiful tasks such as paying bills, shopping, working, etc for their needing to be done. It's amazing, most people think of their favorite meal that Mom always cooked, but not about the hands that had to prepare and cook it over and over again.



My Mom was visiting recently and to my amazement, her hands now look like Grandma's hands did. She said to me "when did I get Grandma's hands?." We laughed at the irony of it. She doesn't look like her Mom, yet her hands are identical.



Some people use their hands for bad. They hurt, hit, beat, and scratch to get what they want. I have been abused and I was always amazed that the same hands to hurt me could also be so loving. It's never ok for someone to abuse another, however I just thought it to be ironic;this simple parallel.



I am beginning to get some arthritis in my hands now at the ripe ol' age of 34, and sometimes they just ache like

mad. I wonder where they will be in 30 yrs? I have made many beautiful things with these appendages and I am

thankful for mine. I think back to all of the birthday cakes I have made to put smiles on my babies faces,

all of the meals I have prepared, all of the hours I have put in at work, all of the driving I have done,

all of the nurturing of my children, whether that be holding and caressing, or firm taps on the behind for

correction. I remember holding my children as infants and how good it felt to watch them sleeping in my arms.

I also remember using quick action a few times to keep them from danger.



A woman's work is never done, as the old adage goes. I wonder how much more I will acomplish with my hands in this lifetime.................
© Copyright 2013 Abundance101 (abundance101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963263-A-Womens-Hands