*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963681-Oh-Muses
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1963681
just popped into my head when I had writers block.
Oh Muses, how you taunt me in my sleep. You dangle stories in my mind, only to send them away on Hermes swift feet back to Arcadia. I awake with fleeting glimpses of the world I visited in my dreams only to have them snatched away; only a glimmer of what was spectacular reaches paper. They giggle and taunt me as the great becomes the average.



Muses beware, as I am no normal mortal. Even now I plot my vengeance, to conspire with Hades himself. The King of the Dead and ruler of the gloom would like some inspiration. So, we, together plot your doom. Luring them to Tartarus would not be an easy task, but if I were to sleep there they would surely come forth to harass me in my dreams. Hades would delight in such company as he would be their torment as they were mine, then the words would flow easy and be divine.

© Copyright 2013 Edward Ransford (edloud at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1963681-Oh-Muses