*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964077-IMPRISONED-LOVE
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Crime/Gangster · #1964077
A person whom is supporting their significant other in prison.
When you got sentenced we both served time only you were closed off from the real world I lived in; that to me felt like prison.
A real lover isn't tempted by, partying, cheating, flirting and lying in exchange for your absence. You and I remember all to well, the stamps, envelopes, commissary, addresses, parole officer, and visits.

As the operator says, “You have a collect call from”, is stitched into memory because like pressing zero, I accepted the charges.
So I take the blame for being a supportive naïve woman of the prison talks that trapped me way before your incarceration.
I could have been liberated and unshackled from the chain that connected us because warning always comes before destruction.

Though, my mind said your mother prediction of our failed future wasn’t true because I believed I was different from other woman you’ve enchanted.We know when a woman is emotionally, physically and mentally manipulated by a man, the ball is in his court. Oh how we so love you.

I bounced around for months under your hand that changed into years that changed my thoughts that changed me. Very shortly after your release to my home our foundation crumbled and you had no intentions on patching up the cracks.I won’t let you forget with my constant reminders from our yesterdays but our tomorrows together weren’t promised that’s been proven by our present.

See you took a part of me with you that you thought had died over the years because we are no longer in contact but you could never give me back, my time. I finally started to move on to realize my anger, hurt and pain doesn’t deserve to live inside of me because of you.It seems minor and simple the harm done like a misdemeanor to you but how would you know when you are also the felon of this crime,IMPRISONED LOVE.


© Copyright 2013 LivingWords (renee1977 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964077-IMPRISONED-LOVE