*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965308-Live-for-today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · How-To/Advice · #1965308
Life goes by and it you can't live for the today, it also passes by.
People always say that you should live for the moment, seize the day, carpe diem.
But what does that actually mean? How can you leave your past behind without forgetting it - and how to be able to plan your future wisely and not to start living in your own dream world?

People change and life as well, no matter do you want that or not. And when the present is too scary to face, it's easy to dive back in your memories and start living in the past, where everything was more like you wanted it to be. Your mother was still here supporting you, you had all the choices waiting for you and there were fewer problems and most importantly, fewer mistakes for you to regret.

But is it really worth it to forget all the things happening right know just because you were more comfortable with the ones before? It's true that the past never changes, but when you have lived in it long enough, it becomes boring - you want to know what you could achieve without your mum there doing all the things for you; you want to see the consequences of your own choices and you want to face the problems and mistakes and see, if you can get over them. Life is a journey, they say, but if you only stay in one beautiful place, you don't know how many others you may miss.

But although you manage to leave the past behind, there's still another trap to fall in - the future. The perfect life can be waiting there for you, so why wait it to come when you can skip the present and start already living in your dream world where everything is just like you want it to be.

But is that the goal of life - to have everything you want without having to do anything for it? When you work hard for something and then get it, it's a bigger price compared to the one just given in your hand. For example cooking - self-made food is always more delicious than the dinner cooked by someone else. Why? Because you have made it, and eating something that you've work for has its own spices, that you can't buy from the fast food restaurant or add in the table like salt or pepper.

So, the only choice left is the present. It can be unbelievably tough sometimes, but it's also the only way to truly live your life. And the hard times never last forever. There must be a little rain to have a rainbow, that brings all the colours in your life. No black and white pictures, no pink clouds of dream - only the present has the full HD quality.

One wise man didn't have to write an essay like I did, he put it all in one sentence instead: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. And Albert Einstein surely was right about that - learning from your mistakes helps you not to do the same ones again and because the future isn't in our hands, we can only hope for the best. Today is worth seeing and only with it you can write the entire story.
© Copyright 2013 Storiable (enajuliaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1965308-Live-for-today