*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966353-Marys-Christmas
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1966353
Mary sneaks down to see Santa and gets an unexpected Christmas surprise.
Mary lies wide awake in bed, listening to the noises coming from downstairs. They sound like jingle bells. Her curiosity aroused, she sneaks downstairs and peaks into the living room.

Her eyes open wide in amazement at what she sees. Santa kneels next to the Christmas tree, and he's placing beautifully wrapped gifts under the it.

"He's really here," she whispers excitedly.

Mary knows she shouldn't spy on Santa, but she can't pull herself away.

A loud noise comes from the kitchen, startling Mary. What the heck? Who would be in the kitchen while Santa is here? Are his elves raiding our refrigerator? She waits to find out.

Santa finishes placing the presents under the tree and turns to the cookies and milk Mary left out for him.
Suddenly the kitchen door opens, and out walks, "Mommy?"

She carries a bottle of wine and is dressed in a red and white Christmas outfit that reveals much more than Mary cares to see.

"Would Santa like something a little stronger than milk to go with his cookies?"

She walks over to Santa and kisses him.

Mary's mouth drops open. She's seen enough. Quickly she runs upstairs, dives under her covers and soon falls to seep.

Christmas morning, Mary awakens and races down the stairs to open presents, last night forgotten. Then she sees her mom and dad sitting on the couch.

She stops, and stares at them. Her mom smiles, "Merry Christmas squirt, why the funny look?"

Mary's brow furrows and she yells out, "I saw what you did!"

"What are you talking about?"

Mary folds her arms across her chest, "You kissed Santa!"

An explosion of laughter erupts.

"What's so funny?" Mary ask angrily.

"Oh sweetheart, I think we need to have a little talk."
© Copyright 2013 SBourelle (rukind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966353-Marys-Christmas