*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967748-Christmas-wish-for-mom
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1967748
300 word story 12/19
Christmas time for most children is a joyous occasion. They get to eat cookies and play with new toys. But for eight year old Timothy, he is spending Christmas Eve at the hospital by his mother’s bedside. Suffering from intense migraines, doctors have discovered four tumors in her brain. She will be undergoing emergency brain surgery in the morning and Timothy is afraid. Holding his mother’s hand Timothy gets teary eyed.

“Mom, I have been extra good this year and I don’t want any toys or nothing. I just don’t want you to be sick anymore.” Timothy said trying to fight back his tears.

“Oh Tim, you are a sweet boy, and you have been very good this year. But this is a part of life and you have to be strong.” she replied.

“I wrote a letter to Santa asking him to skip our house and to visit you at the hospital instead and make you better.” Timothy said with an enthusiastic smile.

With every ounce of strength Timothy’s mother could muster, she sat up and wrapped her arms around the boy, giving Timothy the biggest motherly hug he has ever received. “Sweetheart, I need you to be brave for me. You are my little soldier. Now go wait outside with your sister, your father and I need a minute alone, ok baby.”

“Ok mom, love you.”

Timothy and his older sister gave their mother a kiss goodbye and left the room. While waiting outside the hospital with his sister, he was feeling so helpless and wanted to find some other way to help. Aside from sacrificing his Christmas, Timothy closed his eyes and did the last thing he could think of for his mother.

"Why are you whispering?” his sister asked.

“I’m not, I’m praying.”
© Copyright 2013 C.T. Gates (chrgates25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967748-Christmas-wish-for-mom