*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967906-Dont-you-open-that-door
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1967906
a boy's christmas present; a mom's christmas prank
When Christmas is only one week away, children tend to get restless about their gifts.  They want to make sure Santa, mom, and dad know exactly what gifts they want.   

“Mom, I want to get the Ultra Mega Man for Christmas!” Jerry yelled from his bedroom. 

“I know dear, you have been reminding me for the last two months.” his mother said with a grin while baking Christmas cookies in the kitchen.  “But I already bought your Christmas presents.”

Jerry bolts downstairs from his room so fast he slides into the kitchen. “Then how come there are no presents under the tree?” Jerry said trying to catch his breath.

“Your presents are still in our closet.  Don’t you open that door and look for them. You will be very disappointed.” She said sternly. “Now run along and play.”

Jerry walks out of the kitchen and heads towards the front door when he abruptly stops.  Curiosity and excitement got the best of the six year old boy.  He just had to go look and see if the Mega Man was there.  Jerry crept up stairs and sneaked into his parents’ bedroom.  He saw the door to the closet halfway closed.  Jerry slowly opened the closet door just enough to crawl inside to take a look around. Then Jerry spotted it, a box wrapped in blue paper with a tag that read:  “Do not open till Xmas, or this is the only present you will get!”

Jerry knew that it was the Mega Man toy and it was the only thing he wanted so he figured it was worth it.  Jerry ripped the package open and opened the box only to find a pretty pink pony doll and another card which read: “I told you so, Merry Xmas, love mom.”
Word count 299
© Copyright 2013 C.T. Gates (chrgates25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1967906-Dont-you-open-that-door