*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970183-Puzzle-Passion
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1970183
George has missed another contest deadline. word count:276
word count =276


         George banged his head on his worktable. Several puzzle pieces scattered and hit the floor.

         “How’d I do it again?” he groaned.

         With a puzzle piece sticking to his forehead, he began raking the unfinished puzzle into the box. The white tiger on the lid sneered at him.

         "Oh, shut up!”

         The tiger bared its teeth.

         “I mean it. I’ll toss you in the fireplace, just like the others.”

         The tiger winked. He slammed the lid on the box and shoved it under the table.

         “Maybe I read it wrong, “he thought. He filtered through the plastic storage tote that held his important papers, and pulled out the blue flier.

Puzzle Passion
presents

5000+ piece puzzle contest

Bring your biggest, most beautiful, completed puzzles to the Silver Plaza Hotel by Jan.4, 2014 to be entered into one of our four categories: Animals, Castles, Ocean, or Art.

Grand Prize: A $200 Puzzle Passion gift certificate!


         George ripped the flier, one piece at a time until it was nothing more than a small, blue mountain peak. He laid his head back down on the table.

         “Let me guess. You missed the deadline again.” George’s mom stood in the doorway to his bedroom, shaking her head.

         “This one was important, Mom.”

         “Then why didn’t you start earlier?”

         “Ugh…I’m such a loser.”

         “Cheer up, “she said, slapping a newspaper down beside his head. “There’s a contest for model airplanes next month.”

         “Really?!” George shot up and grabbed the newspaper. “I’ve got to get down to Express Hobbies.” He grabbed his jacket and headed for the door.

         George didn’t know much about model airplanes, but he figured he’d just wing it.
© Copyright 2014 Little Birdie (latack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970183-Puzzle-Passion