*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972074-Forty-eight-seconds
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Action/Adventure · #1972074
It only took forty eight seconds to change my life. A work in progress.
It's strange to think that the end of my world only took forty eight seconds. That was it. Now I live in a cave and try to stay under the radar. Granted, my cave is kick-ass but still, its a cave.

As I grab the handles for the zip line and push off the thirty foot ledge, I get a small rush as a hundred foot of line propells me to the living room in the cave. I keep the guns, ammo, and all my other toys on a ledge thirty feet up with no easy way to. At least not for humans. I however am not strictly human anymore.

Buy I am getting ahead of myself, so I will start again. Forty eight seconds, I helped a stranger in my building, and it took forty eight seconds for them to curse me. And do you know what their advice to me was? "Run," that was it. I stood stunned, holding my arm where she had cut me, and watched her die. It was like she was being choked yet nobody was there. Her hands wrapped around invisible ones at her neck, and she was lifted into the air, and slammed into the hallway wall. Her eyes bulged and her feet kicked futily. When she finally stopped struggling she fell to the floor in a heap. And so I did what any sacred twenty five year old woman would do. I screamed for help.

After six hours with the police and being checked out by paramedics I was finally told to go home. With a strong suggestion of not leaving town. I sighed as I locked my apartment door behind me. I looked down at my arm, and realized that it didn't hurt, so I unwrapped the gauze to check out the damage. To my amazement all that was there was a thin pink scar. Unreal.
© Copyright 2014 not4sale (jrmccrea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972074-Forty-eight-seconds