*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972361-Cora-Queen-of-the-Universe
by Dawn
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1972361
About my cat
My cat thinks she is the queen of the universe her name is Cora. She thinks everything around the apartment is hers. For instance, my medical alert button, she hasn't pressed the button yet but I just know she will one of these days. I don't like telling her no, hitting her, or squirting her with water, but I do squirt her with water when she is doing something dangerous to her or me. She likes to chew on wires and when she does it is very dangerous so I squirt her. I don't want her to get hurt, die or catch the apartment on fire.
I feel sorry for Cora sometimes because she is an indoor cat. I wish she could go outside and catch birds and mice. But I don't want her to get sick, fleas, or ticks. She could get sick from other cats and animals. I know Cora would love being outside. She watches the birds from the window. Once I did get her some cat grass but she wouldn't eat it. Some greens are good for cats to eat. I am hoping Cora won't go near my cacti on top of my entertainment center. If she would she would regret it because of the thorns.
Cora hates dogs. She doesn't hide from them; she attacks them, when they come into my apartment. I feel bad for the dog. My sister brings her dogs over occasionally to bathe them. Cora starts to hiss at a dog that comes into her territory, the apartment, and then she goes into attack mode. When she does this I put her in my bedroom so the dog can get its bath.
She goes from one chair to another to sleep. Cora does follow me into my bed whenever I decide to lie down. But she prefers the living room chairs to sleep in.
When Cora wants petted she puts her paw on my hand. But if she's on her back with her belly showing beware she will scratch you if you rub her belly. She plays rough but she gets your attention.

© Copyright 2014 Dawn (marie1977 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972361-Cora-Queen-of-the-Universe