*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972422-Arresting-the-Boss
by kat
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1972422
Geoff and Candice play a key roll in bringing down the boss.
Candice and Geoff had been tracking the boss for months now.  They had filtered through the corruption and found the officers that they could count on.  As they sat crouched in the shadows of the warehouse waiting for him to arrive a sedan pulled in.  Candice walked out of the shadows.  She was risking her life to get the final piece of evidence we needed to arrest the boss. 

  When the boss stepped out of the car his hand was on his gun.

“Candice, what do you think you are doing here?  You are asking to be taken care of.”  The large bald man was sure of himself.

“What you are doing is illegal and I want money to keep quiet about it.  I want a cut and I want to go home.”

“Why should I give you anything?  I should put a bullet in your head right now.  It would be easy for your body to turn up in the east river.  I haven’t had contact with you in months.”

“But the cops know I am connected to you.  If I go home safe and keep my mouth shut you would fare better.”

“It is easy for me to take care of my problems I have half the force on my payroll.  Christmas bonuses are added to and bribes paid; no I think I will take care of this here and now.”

Geoff and the captain stepped out from behind the crates.  They held their guns on the boss and his boys.

“Put it down you are surrounded!” The captain shouted.  The rest of the force stormed into the room and all were cuffed.

“You are under arrest!  You have the right to remain silent” 

The boss had been taken down and Candice was safe; at least for now.

© Copyright 2014 kat (katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1972422-Arresting-the-Boss