*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973997-Whats-needed
by scobin
Rated: GC · Short Story · Dark · #1973997
graphic thriller. delve into a story of crime, and violence.

Do what's needed...


         The gun laid their untouched on the stainless steel table. "Go ahead Ted. Take the gun, kill the man that has caused you great pain." Said the man that stood in front of the table. The man was dressed in a proper fashion; head to toe in a suit, and tie.

"Mr. Hugo.. sir. I cant." said Ted

"What do you mean you cant do it! Kid... Im trying to help you out here. Using that gun their will fix all of your problems." Said Hugo with a grin. Ted stared at Hugo until he slowly made his way towards the table with the gun on it. He slowly inched his hand towards the gun dreading each movement. Ted had never touched a gun before. He picked up the gun, it was a fading silver revolver.

"Good, now you can teach that good for nothing man a lesson."

"But how." said Ted with tears pouring down his face.

"Sorry kid. Sometimes i forget your only thirteen." said Mr. Hugo with a smile."  kid all you have to do is walk into your house, wait tell your good for nothing father to get back from work, and when he walks into the house you shoot him. Simple."

"What if i don't kill him? What if the gun doesn't work correctly?" Said Ted while his face is as red as a tomato, and tears fiercer than a rainy day. Hugo walked over to Ted, putting his hand upon Ted's shoulder.

"Kid as long as you point the gun at his chest; don't forget to pull the trigger. Kid you will be fine. How long have you known me kid;two-Three years now. Kid you are like the son i always wanted. You can trust me everything will be fine." Hugo removed his hand from Ted's shoulder, and began to walk to the back door of the building. He looked outside, he looked into the dark rainy weather, when all of a sudden a memory hit him. The building they were currently in was a small pizza place run by Hugo's family. The small pizza dinner was once owned by his father, but after many years of business he got involved with bad people. Hugo was about seven when his dad owed bad people money. These people would come by the place every two to three weeks demanding money. Hugo's dad did not always have enough to give to them so they wrote how much he owed them down, and left promising to come back. They came back but yet again Hugo's dad did not have the money. This process went on for another two years. Hugo's family consisted of five people. His mother Tanya, his Father Paul, his brother Joe, and his uncle Mario. Hugo was the fifth. These small town thief's would go to other small business places, and still from them.  One day these men came back one final time...


- 1948

Paul was a big plump looking individual, with dark brown hair slicked back, and a tan complexion. He walked into the main area of the pizza place were the other members of the family gathered. Hugo was ten at the time of this event. Paul walked over to a table in the corner of the shop, and sat next to his rather slim wife.

"So." said Tanya while she stared at Paul nervously.

"So... What?" said Paul. Tanya stood up from the round table in which she sat, and began to walk in circles.

"So how are we ever going to pay those men? They have been harassing our family for the longest time. Paul im sick,  and tired of all this!" Said Tanya angrily. At this point in time uncle Mario decided to join the conversation. Uncle Mario was a very skinny individual, with a very slim bone structured face; he wore a elegant suite, and tie as well.He leaned back in his chair with sly looking grin upon his face.

"Brother... I know just the way to handle these sons of bitch's." He pulled out of his pocket a small revolver pistol, and tossed it onto the middle portion of the table, the gun making a loud thud as it landed.

" You simply kill these fuckers!" said Mario with a look of anarchy.  Tanya got up out of her chair, and made her way towards little Hugo who was sitting at the table.

"Hugo, go to the kitchen please."Joe; Hugo's older brother rolled up his sleeves, and slowly reached for the gun. Joe was wearing a elegant suit, and tie with similar features to Mario..

"Joe stop! We cant just kill people to solve our problems." Paul said.

"Mario's right father. We either kill them or we will never be able to have a normal life. Father don't you want a life without constant harassment." said Joe as he  grabbed the gun off the table.

Mario stood up, and walked over to a table in the far east corner of the room. He put his hand under the table, and brought a silver object out from under the table. He began his way back to the table with his family; not revealing the object until he got their. In Uncle Mario's hand laid another revolver pistol.

"We simply kill these fuckers." Paul slammed his hands on the table startling everyone.

"What the hell is this! I Have a question for you brother... Were the hell did you get these guns, and why would you keep them here in a family place of business? Are you fucking stupid, and you got my son involved with this. We are not murders. We are respectable people. Joe toss me that gun. Joe still holding the gun walked over to Mario, and stood next to him. Mario stared at Paul with eyes like an eagle, and determination like a panther.

"Paul, the only way to get out is to kill these men. They disrespected us; so killing them is a respectable act." Paul's face redder than a tomato, tears, and sweet leaking down his face like a busted water pipeline.

"So this.... this is how its going to be. My own fucking family acting like no good criminal scum!" As Paul finished his dialogue their was a knock at the door. The whole family jump, except little Hugo who was sitting in the kitchen drinking a soda.

"Someone get the door..." Said Joe. Paul walked over to the door slowly, with both Mario, and Joe trailing each foot step. Paul leaned against the wall next to the door.

"Who is it!" Yelled Paul.

"You know who it is old friend. Know if you would be so kind to open the door." Their were four men outside, each dressed in a Grey, and white elegant suit. Each one had the same hair cut, but only one had a mustache. Paul slowly, and dreadfully opened the door.

"Hey Paul, my good Buddie Paul." Said the man with the mustache. The man with the mustache along with his followers walked into the food establishment. They entered the main lounge were The family discussed the situation earlier. The four men sat down at a rectangular table that had a artistic table clothe, The clothe was red, with a little white tint to it. The man with the mustache sat himself down, and so did his three followers.

"Please my friends grab another table, and combine it with ours." Said the man with the mustache. Paul, Joe, and Mario lifted a rectangular table to combine with their table. Paul, Mario, and Joe each sat down. Tanya, and Hugo hid safely in the kitchen. Mario sat across from the man with the mustache. Joe sat across from one of the henchmen, and Paul sat across from the last two. Both Joe, and Mario were cradling their guns under the table. The man with the mustache whose name was later revealed as Antonio. Antonio feeling his stache, grinning at Paul.

"Paul my good buddy, wheres the wife, and kid? I did not see them when I walked in." As soon as Antonio finished his thought,Mario shot him a glance of pure hate. Mario speaking up in a rude manner.

"Fuck you!" Antonio removed his eyes from Paul, and shot a glance at Mario who was still glaring at him.

"Excuse me, I don't believe I was directing my words to you.I was speaking to your retard brother. Now Paul, you are late on money. Money that you promised me; and im sorry to tell you this; but this is the last day to pay, and if you don't pay me. Well you know things would get messy." As Antonio finishes his words, he reaches into his pocket, and takes out a colt 1911 pistol, and out of the other pocket he took out a silencer. He slowly attaches the silencer as he speaks.

"So. Paul, im gonna give you a count, and within the certain time I give you with this count; you better have my money on this table." He finishes putting the silencer on his pistol. Every one at the table is in utter silence. Antonio looks at the gun, admiring it. Before he starts to count he gives a wave to his men.

"On the count of ten." Paul begins to tear up. His face grows red. Mario still glaring at Antonio, still fiddling with the gun under the table. Joe looking down, with a face full of depression. Also fiddling with the gun under the table. The henchmen begin to move around a bit in their chairs; taking out their snub revolvers.

"ten........nine.......eight.......seven." Antonio still counting points the gun at Paul. Mario takes his eyes off of Antonio, and stares at Joe. Joe looks at him first confused, then looks back with full understanding. Paul tears up even more when he sees the flicker of hope in Mario, and Joe's eyes.

"five.....four.....three.....two.......one." All three henchmen point their revolvers at Joe, and Mario.

"Times up." ............................Gun shots. Antonio, and his henchmen lay dead on the floor. Paul with a bullet entry in his head lays dead as well. Joe with two bullet entries to the chest lays dead. The only man standing at this table is Mario. Coming out of the fight with a bullet wound in his right arm. Mario just sat their at the table staring at his brothers body. He changes the direction of his gaze to the table which had about  a gallon of blood spilled about. After a couple of seconds of silence he stood up, and made his way towards Antonio's body. He stared at it for a long while. Hugo, and Tanya emerged from the kitchen. Both  with tears upon their faces. Mario began  to vigorously kick the dead body of Antonio. A he kicks the dead body he tears up.

"Fuck you."

He said this repeatably as he kicked Antonio.





- Present day

Hugo, walked back into the room which Ted sat. He stood, and stared at him, tearing up. Hugo spoke in sorrow.

"Give me the gun Ted." Ted looked at him, and willing  gave Hugo the revolver.

"This was my uncles gun. Did you know that. Theirs history that goes with this gun. Would you like to hear a story Ted, about my uncle, and the horrible events that happened to my family. This gun saved me, my uncle saved me." Hugo began to tell the story, they sat, ad talked for two hours both tearing up. When they were done Hugo kept the gun, and sent Ted home. Hugo stared at the gun for the rest of the night. He uttered one last word before retiring to his bed.

"thanks."
















© Copyright 2014 scobin (scobin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1973997-Whats-needed