*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974046-Disney-Dreams
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1974046
A girl who's longing to meet an idol, she ends up getting a job for Walt Disney.
“If you can dream it you can do it,” I read out loud in my big Disney book I’d gotten for my birthday. This is a good start with the colors and beauty of the book. My mom was doing an important thing for work. This is my chance to meet him. My dad told me that’s impossible to do, and he just went on without acknowledging it. Oh that made me mad! But the first time I saw a Mickey and Minnie movie I just was so happy and so was my Dad. He lost his job and that’s when we had to move all over, we ended up half-way to Australia.
‘Oh Dad, I want to meet my hero!’I told him.
‘Well you can work for that.’ was his reply.
‘Oh ok.’ Then we went on a train. When I got this book, I got it for my birthday and I was happy. The train was long and boring, but I still was flipping the pages over and over.
This house is different than the one we had before the roof was caved in. No nice paint job and the steps were cracked and old. My room was ok, but small compared to the room I had before. My sister’s room was right next to mine she had a Mickey plush that she had since she was a baby. She came in and sat down beside me. I know how much I love Walt Disney. But I have some work to do, this was the most likely case that I will never meet him. Oh this is such a tragedy!
It’s ok then, I’m going to do all that I can. Then it dawned on me, California was a long way from here! But I went it so badly. I have no idea how I could get from Australia to California. My parents don’t seem ready to take me.
This was the chance I had been waiting for! This was the time to go meet him. The Train ride was long but I could see the Disney studio! Oh, it’s so exciting! I’m shaking with excitement!!! Right there was the man who made Mickey and Minnie. I had dreamed of being here and seeing him! I was so happy, he smiled and took me in to his office and we had some tea. The staff was so nice and I was in dreamland. He asked me about my life and how I was doing, ‘I‘m fine, Mr. Disney.’
I felt so awkward around him. He said, ‘Why you don’t come with me to my Magic kingdom of Disneyland?’
‘Oh ok!’ Then we went to the gate and had a grand time. Seeing all of this was so close to me he was so close! Then I saw Mickey and Minnie in the back drop of this town, and I was so happy. We went around and around on the tea cups, ‘That was awesome!’ I said with a smile.
He was so warm and friendly, this was the dream, I was so happy. And the office tour was so fun. I was in awe with all of his awards and plaques and there was a poster for my favorite cartoon, Tug Boat Mickey. He says with a smile, ‘That was one of the greats.’
Besides I made him blush, I’ve never done that before. Oh, now the park was a lively place with a Mickey plant in front of the gate. The swarm of fans were swarming like a storm of bees getting honey.
‘Oh ok, that was a little over the top. That’s what being a star is.’ He smiled, and then we went on our way the apartment which was a fire station.
‘How cool!’ I exclaimed. Walt asked me if I know about P.L. Travers?
‘Yes!’ I gawked, and then went on, ‘she’s the author that you went on and on with for twenty years to get the rights for Mary Poppins right?’
‘Right, she was in the same park that you are in now.’
‘Oh, now I remember that! She was on the carousel ride, right?’ I said. ‘Do you want to ride that with me?’ I was nervous about this, but he was nice about the offer. ‘Oh ok!’ I was going to ride it with him!
Then we went down the ladder and to the ride. ‘It is my short cut.’ He smiled and got on his horse. He had one for me and he motioned for me to sit on the horse. He pointed his fingers and thumb together, and the ride started with a whirl and we went around and around. When the ride was over, I smiled.
‘That was fun,’ I said with a smile. He was so happy I rode with him.
I was humming the score of a cartoon, and he asked which one? It turns out that we were both humming the same score! I thought, ‘Ha ha, jinx!’ That’s what he was thinking too and we started to laugh right there.
And now I was having a blast with Mr. Disney. I don’t want to go home yet. Maybe I can ask my family to move here? Ok, then I told him about my dad losing his job, and my mom being in a panic. About that he was grim, but he gave me a job packet with all of the jobs that were offered. Oh then I was so happy!
I sent to my dad right away in a letter, I stated that job applications were to be sent to him ASAP. Then I went to the mail room, found a letter to Mr. Disney, and went to give it to him. He was thrilled when he found my dad’s job application form was filled out, and he was going to move him, my mom, and my sister out to California! I was so happy and overjoyed! My job was to be the personal body guard for him! So I saw my mom, my dad, and my sister; they were so happy to see me. My mom was so happy to be in the office of the man who made me so happy. Then he walked in, he looked so dapper with his suit and tie!
‘Mom and Dad, this is Walt Disney.’ I told them. My sister was happy. I was too. This is going to be the best time ever. I love the job of hanging out with this awesome man’s job offer and my family was going to be happy and whole.
After this great news, we all went to Disney Land together. I showed my sister all the stops, and then we met Mickey and Minnie together. Then all of us rode the carousel. We had so much fun, and then we went on an office tour. My sister liked all of the posters of Mickey and Minnie. Then I told them about the fun fact that Walt Disney provided the voices of both Mickey and Minnie. My mom said, ‘Woah, I never knew that!’
Then we saw another poster of Mary Poppins. ‘I love that movie!’
© Copyright 2014 Paige Rizzi (mickeylover28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974046-Disney-Dreams