*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974134-Dont-let-Invisible-Scars-Define-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Angel
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1974134
Invisible Scars, don't let them define you as a person
“Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going."

~Criminal Minds, 2009~


Invisible scars, what are they? They are the scars that nobody sees but the ones who carry them. They are the scars of the mind, body, and soul. Scars that cannot be seen are hard because they are there, but no one sees them, no one knows; no one knows the pain behind those scars we hold, but in some ways this may be a good thing. The pain is there, we know that, but we can live the life we believe we deserve now and in the future.

When we think of abuse, and what we may have gone through, though horrific at times we survived. We survived and we are here on this earth as we come together to find out the meaning of what it is to be true; true to ourselves and others. We may have scars that run deep, but we do not have to let them define us as a person.

When we think of where we’re going, we do not have to stay on the same path we once followed. We don’t have to continue to live a life of pain we were once so used to living. It’s hard to feel as though we deserve better, it’s hard to step outside that comfort zone and break free of what we are so used to, even if that something is pain. Often times we don’t know where to even begin, or once we begin, we step back again and again to what we are so used to doing and that is to sabotage any good feelings we begin to have in order to keep that sense of what we know.

It’s scary to think we deserve to be happy. It’s scary to disbelieve something so ingrained into our minds and our soul that to think breaking free from these thoughts, feelings and emotions were ever possible, could ever be possible, is like a dream beyond our reach. We need to step out and not let our past be our future, and we need to follow our hearts in the direction it is meant to go; going forward with hope that today and the next days to come will be filled with as much joy as we see in others and believe it is also meant for us.

© Copyright 2014 Angel (majeannie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974134-Dont-let-Invisible-Scars-Define-You