*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974234-Its-okay-to-cry--chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Angel
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Emotional · #1974234
Continue to follow a young girl and find how she fights back
Chapter 2

It was the morning of Sandy's birthday; it was supposed to be her special day but why should today be any different than any other day? Sandy woke up to a different sound, a sound that had been unfamiliar to her in quite some time; she heard her parent's voices in the living room. They were not loud and cruel but low and muffled.

Stretching as she got out of bed she walked over looking out the window to see what the day looked like. Sunny and bright, the sky was clear, not a cloud in it. This was going to be a good day she thought to herself. Walking out of her room, into the living room Sandy looked around. Rubbing her eyes, continuing to look, she was amazed at what she saw. The house was clear of trash and beer cans, no filth on the floor, you could actually see the faded brown carpet, that was older then she was. This was too good to be true Sandy thought as she ran to the kitchen. "Oh my God! No dishes," she thought as she looked around and could actually see the table and counters. Food, is there food? Running over she looked into the cupboards and refrigerator, there was food! Sandy thought her dreams had come true, this was going to be her best birthday ever! Heading out into the living room she went over to her parent's. "Good morning" she said smiling.

"Morning" they both replied but did not acknowledge her birthday.

"Where are the twins?" she asked, not believing she actually had forgotten about them in the midst of everything.

"In their room" her mother stated without much emotion. Sandy started walking to their bedroom, they were never not with her, they were always attached to her hip. Her mother stepped in front of her before she could exit the room stopping in her tracks.

Sandy knew something didn't feel right all of a sudden, "I have to get them ready for school," her heart skipping a beat.

"They're all set," her father said from the other end of the room. This was very strange, for some reason she felt like a caged animal, trapped with nowhere to run, panic beginning to set in.

"Oh, okay, thanks, I'll get myself ready then; we don't want to be late." Sandy thought this would be a good excuse for her to be allowed to leave.

Her father looking at her with coal black eyes, "no, you're not going to school today, we have other plans for you."

This was so unlike her dad she didn't know what to say, she didn't like the look in his eyes. It was so cold, colder then she had ever seen before.

"Oh, what plans are they; you never let me miss school."

"Today is going to be different," her mother stated. They also sounded cold to her, not like it was going to be anything good. As she stood in the middle of the room her parents began closing in, she knew for sure this wasn't going to be good.

As she attempting to run her father grabbed her by the arm, pulling her back.

"Where are the twins, what did you do to them! Where's Mandy? Where's Matt! Mandy? Matt?" Sandy screamed at her parents.

"Shut up, you hear, shut up or I will shut you up"! Her father stated as he held her tight enough she thought she was going to suffocate.

"They're in their rooms, their just fine," her mother said.

"Listen here, we're going to having a bit of company and we don't need you ruining things for us. You hear that?" her father bellowed.

"If you hurt them, I'll kill you, you hear that!" Sandy spat back at him.

Without responding her father began dragging her. Where was he taking her Sandy thought? She began fighting with all she had, kicking, biting, and scratching until her mother also grabbed a hold of her. Sandy thought for sure she was dead, this is it she thought, this is it, Happy Birthday to me.

Exhausted from fighting Sandy went limp, her mother taking this advantage to slip two tiny white pills into her mouth. Too tired to realize what had just happened she began feeling the darkness coming over her but not being able to fight it. Soon Sandy was out cold, the drugs beginning to work.



















© Copyright 2014 Angel (majeannie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1974234-Its-okay-to-cry--chapter-2