*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1976635-Anticipation
by Lycan
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1976635
This is a continuation of Revelation...Part 2
Okay all this extra time off work is driving me crazy, still awaiting some test results so stuck in limbo at the moment.

This is part 2 and 3 to an earlier piece that I wrote and I promise the next thing I post shall be of a more comical nature.




ANTICIPATION


It is so unbelievably painful, to love someone that has up until now, only ever thought of you as a friend.
To endure the emotional anguish that arises, once you have finally chosen the moment, for that concealment to end.

The implications of having never been together,  and yet due to our friendship, never truly apart.
Are only now fully realized, as you prepare to risk everything, and willingly expose your heart.

To put at risk what little you have, in the hope of awakening some connection, suppressed behind an emotional door.
And yet knowing that once you have done so, things will never quite be the same, as what they once were before.

For once this invisible journey has begun,  its final destination,  can no longer be governed by you.
As you have just forfeited all guidance,  on a perception that you hope,  will now prove to be true.

So now you must anxiously await,  for some sign of acceptance,  of that which was shown.
Whilst the other tries to comprehend,  the realization of something,  that was thought to be previously unknown.

I merely ask that you be honest to us both,  as you search to whether you have experienced,  any similar feelings in the past.
And if so then now is the time to accept,  that which should have already been,  and if awoken shall eternally last.

However if you are truly convinced,  that your path to future happiness,  does not involve me in this way.
Then I do solemnly promise to you,  that I and any imposition,  shall now fade away.


Part 3


CONSEQUENCES


For although we may never be together, if what you have told me is true,
We will still always be connected, for I have now become you.

Is it possible you have become subconsciously defensive, determined never again to be hurt, by allowing yourself to care,
Though if you were to remove all the barriers, I honestly believe that you would find our connection, has always been there.

To have nothing left inside, no longer any feelings or emotions, that are to be expressed,
For the hardest gamble in your life has been taken, and now the consequence of rejection, shall be forever internally suppressed.

To now disconnect from one’s own heart, ensuring that never again, shall this experience be repeated,
Whilst at the same time being fully aware, that you will never let anyone, be so similarly treated.

But what you fail to realize, is that as a result of these actions, and of what you have done,
If in the future the role is ever reversed, you will now become the very person responsible, for doing the same to someone.


So this cycle shall be continued, with each affected person, becoming an emotional clone of the last,
And that is the way it shall forever remain, until someone is prepared to accept, an opportunity not yet past.


Okay I think now that I am finally done, ahh the applause from the background at that announcement is deafening.


© Copyright 2014 Lycan (smh2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1976635-Anticipation