*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977214-The-creature-it
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1977214
Never mess with 'IT'
Have you ever heard of... 'It'

A mysterious creature that prowls the northern territory of Australia for its victims.
It was said that it would live anywhere in long straight paths with termite mounds on either side.

The legend of it begins with 2 men. They were heading to Katherine (town) from Darwin to visit some of their mates. They were on the long straight road when their car had broken down. The 2 were not very good at mechanics so they had to phone for help. It was pitch black outside, nothing but the dark sky and the full moon that was poorly lit. When someone finally answered the phone, they heard nothing but continuous breathing through the speaker until they hung up.

When they got out of the car, they saw the termite mounds, they were all in very specific shapes, with hats and shirts on them, almost as if the termite mound was wearing it. The 2 men were very nervous at this point, they were so jumpy that even their own shadow was enough to scare the, silly.

They heard a twig snap in the distance. They shrugged it off thinking it was just a kangaroo. One of them managed to spot something bery large moving in the distance. They tried to warn each other that they may not be alone.

after a few minutes of waiting outside, they thought if would be safer to stay in the car and try the phone again.
This time when the phone was answered, they heard a very sinister laugh until it again hung up.

After a few minutes, they saw a kangaroo hop onto the road. They had gelt a good sign of relief until the kangaroo fell off its feet and got dragged into the darkness. The 2 men were terrified at this event and tried their hardest to start the engine to immediately leave. They failed the attempt to find a shady figure a few meters ahead of them, with torn rags and robes with one giant bloodshot red eye at the very centre staring at them. The creature slowly walked to the front of the car.

The two men were absolutely terrified, they were close to passing out.

The creature walked to the door of the car and ripped it out of the car. The men were screaming their heads off.
One man was taken by the creature and was returned as a human sized termite mound with his clothes still on them, then the second man was never heard of again.

Don't mess with it...
© Copyright 2014 Omega Nexus (Bugsplat) (bugsplat123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977214-The-creature-it