*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978231-Has-no-title
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1978231
Darkness, candle, girl

Darkness began to fill every corner. The only thing holding it at bay was the tiny flicker of a candle, but it was weak and growing weaker each passing day. At the beginning, it burned strong and bright protected from the shadows by the hands of a small girl. Darkness scared her, and she did her best to keep the candle burning, but as she grew older, her hope of keeping the creeping shadows away began to dwindle along with the candle. Her eyes watched the flame move back and forth. A small tear rolled down her cheek. She had tried for so long. Out of ideas, she was to give up. She was ready to give in. A long, deep breath filled her lungs with air and just as she was about to exhale, something stopped her, causing her cheeks to puff out. For a split second, the candle seemed to shine a tad brighter. The girl released the air slowly back into the room. It seemed so wrong to end what had kept her safe from the relentless darkness.

© Copyright 2014 Gryphon (take_flightt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978231-Has-no-title