*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978607-Captain-Roflex
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1978607
Oh, the horror.
They were traveling through the outer Cripitimooukntuihnsosit. Everything was on line, the Motodmoudnjtis was strong, the Matinual morphane was right where it should be, but suddenly the Miethdlud transmitter began relaying rapid instructions to divert course! Red lights flashed, beepers beeped, and all eyes turned to Captain Rolflex, a diminutive Garcian from Gacianica, who remained calm, even humming a little Garcianica space-chanty under his breath.

“Uh, excuse me, Captain,” began Lieutenant Motheiddkghtin--

“Remain steady,” said the pocket-sized Garcian while the rest of the crew stared at him in disbelief.

The beeps continued beeping, the red lights flashed about as red as red lights can flash, and a feminine voice spoke flatly, yet with utmost sincerity: “IT IS IMPERITIVE YOU CHANGE COURSE FORTHWTH!”

“Continue course,” said the captain in his droll Garcian manner.

All crew-members bent to their tasks—all except Motheiddkghtin, who looked up from his Qualadizer and said, “Captain! We must divert—“

“Silence!” said Captain Rolflex, raising his voice for the first time anyone aboard could remember. "The storm will pass, and remember we still have the Dialithithian Parbabulator tubes.”

There was silence on the bridge-deck.

The captain turned to face Lieutenant Motheiddkghtin, “We… do…have…the Dialithithian Parbabulator tubes, right, Mr. Motheiddkghtin?”

“I thought Jiktashiminan was suppose to—“

“What?,” said Jiktashiminan. “Mr. Joujdjdhekdhisssisis told me that—“

Suddenly all power was lost. The storm hit them like a gigantic Gelielghtian mallet.

Nine months later: “Ships log:” began a weak voiced Captain Rolflex “The Bodaciana storm, well… It came without warning."

“Like hell!" said Motheiddkghtin.

“Tell my wife, I love her…” said Rolflex. “And tell Motheiddkghtin’s wife I love her too!”

Motheiddkghtin rose to attach but collapsed stone-dead with a rather unbecoming facial expression frozen in place.
.
Rolflex, the last one alive, showed green teeth and began humming his Garcianica space-chanty again.

-300 Words-
© Copyright 2014 Winchester Jones (ty.gregory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978607-Captain-Roflex