*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978847-Meeting-the-Villain
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1978847
A small peek deeper into the first story.
Stumbling to his feet he glanced around the grey ruins of his once lush and beloved island. A quick scan amongst the carnage he searched for his friends. His lungs burned with ash his clothes frayed he wiped his stinging eye with the back of his dirt smudged hand. Panic started to fester at his core unable to seek friends as the atmosphere had turned eerie and silent. Were they gone, was he the last one in this battle? His heart quickened with stabbing ache that Melody, his soul element had been a victim in the battle.

         "So this is the day we finish the legend." his raspy voice boomed

Calvin turned around to face the voice behind him. It had been many years since his eyes fell upon this man. He was built like an oak with rope like veins running down the arms of his torn sleeves. His dark hair was slicked back off his sallow bearded face. A sneer across his rough lips exposed sharp teeth. Years had not been so kind towards the man. Abusing his earth elemental power was destroying him internally. His hardened blue eyes sunk in shadow peered at him as they both paused on the battlefield.

         "Devon, you think this ends here?" Calvin's deep tone hollered

Devon turned his gaze up towards the black clouds as if in thought for a moment. Then threw out his hand in a claw motion and jerked his arm back causing the ground below Calvin's feet to be yanked like a rug.

Calvin stumbled losing his balance slamming the ground hard. It took a moment to open his eyes and realize Devon now hunched over him.

         "Earth element to earth element we end this." Devon hissed

Legion had foreshadowed this day, there could only be one set of elements, for good or bad that was never embellished upon. Lore told only one could walk the earth for eternity.

         "Then let's end this." Calvin growled now staring Devon in the face feeling his element strength course thru his own veins





© Copyright 2014 fictionfate (fictionfate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978847-Meeting-the-Villain