*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978895-Becoming-Popular
by Janine
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1978895
Two guys out to set the world on fire by becoming popular. Street performer and audience
"What are you doing?”

“I’m being in a tiny story.”

“But what are you doing?”

“I’m practicing to be popular.”

“I don’t think it works that way.”

“Of course it does. I just have to get good at something a street entertainer does and I’ll go entertain my way to being popular.”

“Okay, I’ll bite. What is your talent for the street?”

"I’m going to juggle and tell fortunes and sell tiny paintings that tell a story.”

“Okay, that sounds entertaining. Are those fortune telling story paintings?”

“But of course. Why would they be anything else?”

“Okay, do you match up the paintings with the people?”

“That’s how I sell them.”

“So which one is for me?”

“Well, you’re going to be my fan who tells everyone about me, so this is your first one.”

“It’s not done.”

“Of course it is… It’s a black canvas telling you we will be in the black soon.”

“Oh, I get it. It’s a Black Friday joke.”

“This is no joke. This is a serious business venture.”

“Okay, I’ll go along with it. Maybe I can get some dates for us along the way.”

“That’s an outstanding idea. Now you’re seeing things my way. Popular people have dates.”

“Alright. Let’s pack up and go. You might as well practice for money.”

“Outstanding. I know where to go and everything.”

“We’re going to that outdoor mall with all of the tourists?”

“But of course. They are just looking for ways to spend their money. We’ll be popular and money in our pockets in no time at all.”

“I’ll follow you… You’re definitely in charge of this venture.”

“Quite right. I’m the idea man in this friendship.”

“Of course you are. I’m just your sidekick, along for the ride. I’ve always thought you were entertaining.”
© Copyright 2014 Janine (janinecb99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978895-Becoming-Popular