*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979090-A-Big-Family
by Janine
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1979090
Roy and Judy deal with the family staying with them and they make a big announcement.
Roy looked out the front door and wondered if this day would be better than yesterday and the other days of their visit.

Roy's family was visiting and his new wife Judy was learning all about them. She was doing her best to play hostess, but Roy's family was making life difficult.

"Close the door. It's cold outside."

"As you wish, mom. I just wanted to get some fresh air in the house," said Roy.

Roy's mom liked the air in the house to be stale to keep the heat in the house. Roy likes doors and windows to be open because of his mom.

"What's for breakfast, Judy?" asked mom.

"Pancakes. There's enough for everyone. Come and get breakfast."

"I want cereal," said Tommy.

"We have cereal, too. Not to worry," said Judy.

Roy wished his nephew wasn't so rude.

"Doesn't Tommy like pancakes, Bob?" asked Roy.

"How would I know?" said Bob.

"He's your kid, Bob," said Roy.

"He has something different every day. I just wait until I ask him before I make breakfast," said Sue.

Roy came up behind Judy and kissed her cheek. He whispered in her ear, "They'll be gone by this evening."

"That will be a welcomed sight," said Judy.

"The pancakes are dry, Judy," said Bob.

"Just put on more butter and syrup, Bob," said Judy.

"My pancakes are always perfect," said mom.

"Do you like grandma's pancakes, Tommy?" asked Roy.

"No, I don't like pancakes, unless they're from IHop," said Tommy.

"When did you go to IHop?" asked Sue.

"Mark and his family took me out when I slept over at his house," said Tommy.

"We'll have to pack the car after breakfast everyone. We're going to be on the road before lunch," said Bob.

"Why do we have to leave so early?" asked Sue.

"So we can be back by bedtime," said mom.

Roy squeezed Judy's hand under the table. Judy kissed Roy on the lips.

"Why do you have to kiss each other all the time? Your dad and I hardly ever kissed," said mom.

"We're not you and dad, mom. We're newlyweds and we're very much in love. Aren't you happy for us?" said Roy.

"You're just going to get divorced because she's barren," said mom.

"So no cousins?" asked Tommy.

"You'll have cousins, Tommy. Judy's already expecting," announced Roy.

"Congratulations to you both," said Bob.

"Well, maybe there's hope for this marriage yet," said mom.

"Well, we better get out of your way then," said Sue as she collected the dishes.

"Yes, we better let you get back to getting ready for the little one," said Bob.

"Actually, we're having twins," said Judy.

"Cool, two little cousins," said Tommy.

"Now you'll get divorced for sure," said mom as she packed and put her things by the front door. She was ready to leave.

"Mom, you don't sound happy for us," said Roy.

"Why would I be happy? I don't approve of your marriage, Roy," said mom.

"Okay mom. That's enough. Bob, I think it's time for everyone to go. I don't want to put Judy through any more of this," said Roy.

"Thanks for getting us kicked out, grandma," said Tommy as he put his stuff by the front door.

Sue said to Judy, "She doesn't approve of our marriage, either. We'll be on our way."

"We're still gonna visit, though. Right dad?" asked Tommy.

"Sure we will. We just need to give them breaks from the rest of the family. I've got the car packed. Let's go," said Bob.

"Thanks for coming," waved Judy.

"Good bye everyone," waved Roy as they closed the doors and pulled out of the driveway.

"Okay, they're gone. Let's have sex," said Roy as he wrapped his arms around Judy.

"Is that how we're going to deal with all of their visits?" asked Judy.

"Yes, lots of sex to take our minds off of them. That's the plan. I want a huge family to make up for the rest of the family," said Roy.

So their family grew and grew over the years and Roy and Judy didn't care who heard them. They needed their time to take a break from the family visits.

The kids decided they were happy mommy and daddy loved each other, since that's what Roy told them the noise was, mommy and daddy loving each other.
© Copyright 2014 Janine (janinecb99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979090-A-Big-Family