*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980558-Insignia
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1980558
story for writing contest
Chapter Two 



I walked back into Psychology class, and I saw three people sitting in the desks.



         “Hello Evan, I am Mr. Watterson.” Watterson was a tall, lanky man in his mid-twenties. He had fair skin and brown hair.

         “I'm Ms. Taylors.” Taylors was a woman of average height and conventional prettiness. She was in her early twenties.

         “I'm the boss. My name Stephen.” Stephen was stocky and muscular with a conventional handsomeness. He had fair skin and brown hair.

         “And I, Dr. Richards, is part of this group too. You are joining us because we are going on a dream simulation.” Dr. Richards said.

         “Dream simulation? A simulation of what exactly?”

         “The apocalypse.” Taylors said, taking out a brief case from her book bag.

         “The machine Taylors is pulling out, is going to make us fall asleep. You will need an object. An object to tell you that you are in reality. For example, if you used a pendulum,  if the pendulum stops, you are in reality. If not, you are still in the dream.” Watterson said.

         “You're objective is to design the dream. As we move along, you will paint the image of the world ending. Do your best to make it seem real. We need to have six levels. Once we go through all of them, we'll be back here.” Stephen said.

         “What happens if we die in the dream. Do we die in real life?”

         “No. That is just a myth. When you die in the dream you wake up. But that only works if your falling to your death.” Dr. Richards said, placing a suction cup on my face. He did it to everyone else as well. Then he turned on the music, and we fell asleep.



                                                           * * *



When we woke up, I was in a van, it was a big, gray van.

         “Where are we?”I asked.

          “The beginning level. Basically we keep riding, because you pictured the buildings falling. We have to get food first before we proceed to the next level.” Dr. Richards said.

         “Aren't we only going to be here like an hour?”

         “In the dream world, five minutes equals one whole hour in the real world.” Taylors said.

         “What!” I exclaimed.

         “We are at the supermarket.” Dr. Richards said.

         “Come on.” Stephen said.

         

         We got out of the car, and rushed into the supermarket, grabbing everything we could find. Then we ran to the car, and stuffed it into the car.



         “Just in time.” Watterson said, “the supermarket is collapsing.

© Copyright 2014 Tessu Mugetsu (tessu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980558-Insignia