*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980564-Insignia
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1980564
story i'm writing
Chapter Four



We tread quickly upon the brutal cold of  Mt. Everest. A blade of cold air stabbed my cheeks. My skin became pale, and my cheeks were rosy red. Water was getting into my shoes. My fingers and toes were becoming numb.



I could feel the earth beginning to fixate. The mountain was sinking. I looked back, and I saw Watterson and Stephen behind me.



Then we heard a rumbling noise in the ground.



         “Avalanche!” I yelled.

A long, cold sweep of snow rained down on us. My face was buried in feet of snow. The cold was stinging my cheeks.



Tears began to escaped my eyes. I felt a hand grab me, and I was pulled out of the snow.



I  was staring at Watterson and Stephen.

         “Thanks for saving me.” I said.

         “No problem kiddo.” Stephen said.

         “We got closer to the safe house.” I said.



We ran up the mountain, and onto the safe house.



We finally reached the safe house, and we fell down a hole.



I looked around me, and I was back on the streets of panic.



Panic.

Fear.

Anger.



         “We have to get out of here. There's a bridge ahead, that is the safe point.” I said.

         “How long will it take?” Watterson asked.

         “I think about thirty minutes.” Stephen said.



Then we started running towards the bridge as fast as we can. Buildings were collapsing behind us, and the frantic screams roared throughout the city.  I looked back, and Watterson was stuck under the smithereens of a building.



         “We have to save him!” Stephen yelled.

We ran over to Watterson.

We were about to sacrifice our safety to save Watterson.

Maybe even our lives. 

© Copyright 2014 Tessu Mugetsu (tessu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1980564-Insignia