*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981717-Daily-Flash-Fiction-Challenge-March-14
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1981717
It's about two men playing chess.
"My knight to your bishop.” Adam smiled smugly and leaned back into his chair and said, "Two more moves, old man, and I might just win this."

Charlie studied Adam quietly and asked, "You're new, aren't you? Haven't seen you before." He sat upright in his recliner and moved his pawn a step forward.

"Got into some kind of trouble, did you?" Charlie asked gruffly, and paused as a cough shook his entire body.

"I'm always getting into trouble." Adam chuckled and leaned forward. "I'm here to have some fun", he said pointing at the girl playing cards with two aged women across the room.

“Not bad," Charlie replied and watched Adam move his white rook to the row where his King stood. “Check,” Adam said cockily and continued, “She smokin' hot.” He cupped his hands before his chest and gestured. “I’ve been waiting to tap that for quite some time now.”

Charlie smiled slowly and said, "I've had my share of fun." He inclined his head, in the direction of the girl and continued, "You know, the best ones always say that they don't want to. But you can always tell," he paused as he lifted his Queen and placed her smack in front of Adam's knight and his rook, "that they want to do it too."

Adam stared at Charlie, baffled. "That might have been the case in the past. But you certainly don’t have it in you now, old man. What is wrong with you? I'm going to murder your Queen."

"I've never been into girls anyway," replied Charlie and slipped a hand onto his thigh. "And you'll find that I can be a lot of fun for a man of my age," and gestured at the slightly ajar door of his room across the corridor.

© Copyright 2014 Chlavine (fledglingliz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981717-Daily-Flash-Fiction-Challenge-March-14