*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981902-Daily-Flash-Fiction-March-15
Rated: E · Fiction · Parenting · #1981902
All this mother wants is to get her daughter married.
Martha tapped her foot agitatedly, "So? What are you going to do about it?"

Sarah remained sprawled on her bed and replied from behind her book, "About what?"

Martha fumed, her nose turning red. "Look at me when I talk to you," she roared and wiggled her fingers. The book shot out of Sarah's hands and floated towards Martha.

Sarah pointed at it and said, “Um, I was reading that."

Martha raised her hands in exasperation. "I want you to go and apologise to Albert. “

Sarah folded her arms across her chest and answered, "I won’t. I don't want to get married!”

Martha shook her head and explained, "You're going to be 54 in two months! You should thank your lucky stars that I found him for you."

Sarah cried, "How can I marry a person who brings his pet cat to a date?”

Martha continued glaring, "Is that why you set it on fire?"

Sarah replied, "I merely sneezed; allergies."

"And what about his hair?”

"Nobody asked him to douse his head in oil. Maybe the next time his mother goes out to buy him new underwear, she could get him a bottle of hair gel," Sarah retorted.

Martha bellowed in rage, "I have an idiot for a daughter. “ She snapped her fingers and the floating book burst into flames. Her whole body trembled as she took a step towards Sarah, "You’re a disgrace. I should just beat you.."

A bright red light appeared and the deafening boom shook the entire house.

Gabriel appeared at the door and peered inside. "Sarah?" he asked and followed her gaze down to the pile of dust at her feet.

"Oh boy. Did your mother explode again?"

© Copyright 2014 Chlavine (fledglingliz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981902-Daily-Flash-Fiction-March-15