*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982808-Rebellious-Mistress-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1982808
saucy romance novel
Chapter Three

Lacey paled and looked almost sick. She looked as if she had just witnessed the devil himself had coming out of the shadows of the dusky night. In a manner of speaking she was right; Lacey just didn't realise that he was the devil and he had come for payment in full. He could hardly blame her. She obviously was in shock at his unexpected entrance piled on top of what appeared to be an unpleasant situation currently playing out. He would lay odds right at this moment that she was in shock at his sudden reappearance and wondering what was happening to her life. The look of guilt mingled with panic that fluttered across her face did her no favours in his mind and reinforced his opinion of her. He smiled internally savouring the fact that with what he had planned for her; she was in for further numbing shocks which would come later after he dealt with the pathetic excuse of a man manhandling her.
After all, she had stolen a fortune, taken a new name to try and cover her tracks. Could she have been any more obvious in her guilt? He was pretty sure by her sickly reaction and look of guilt and panic that she never expected him of all people to turn up in Fiji. In fact, he was pretty sure that she never expected to see him again, especially with changing her name it was a logical conclusion to make. Karim had hoped that their meeting would have been a bit more private for what he had planned for her. He had thought long and hard once he knew where she was about how he would come across her; how he would approach her. He'd planned to surprise her and had certainly had been successful in achieving that. Karim certainly hadn't expected to come across some middle aged revolting leech trying to assault her. His nostrils flared in rage. He was not going to have his moment taken away from him.

He was angry with Lacey full stop; but he thought he was witnessing made it worse and with this revolting cling on of a man. She looked like she had bitten off more that she could chew with this one. The leech looked as if he was determined to take payment in kind. What made it worse as she had looked as if she was trying the same routine that she had done with him. Karim thought to himself,I mean flying out to a tropical island with her new boss.

To any man it was a green light whatever way it was wrapped up and presented. She couldn't possibly be that naive; not with stealing $5million from him. To Karim, it felt like a further betrayal. It was the same routine again that she did on him. She looked like she was trying to gain the trust and repeat the performance and now it appeared to be backfiring on her.

Although a niggling thought crossed his mind, why would she be after this guy and working with stealing $5million from him? She should be living the life of luxury somewhere. He didn't think that she could have gotten through that much money in a year. She was always frugal, but then was that just what she presented to him and wasn't the truth at all? He scrubbed that thought quickly not willing to develop it any further. His nostrils flared. He was incredibly angry at both of the people standing in front of him. Although, however bad Lacey had treated him and his plan for revenge, no woman should be manhandled the way she was currently being. No matter if they deserved it. It went completely against the grain for a man like Karim to accept that sort of behaviour let along witness it. He clenched his hands in fists the only outward sign of his anger. Luckily the pompous old fool had only glanced at him and didn't see it. Karim had been written off as some lowly individual not worth the pompous arse's time. He smiled cruelly.

He would have to modify his plan slightly in taking Lacey back, but not the main part of returning her to the authorities once he had taken what he wanted from her. Although he was going to have to rethink what he wanted from her. Seeing her, despite his anger, still stirred those unwanted feelings that he thought he had buried nice and deep. God he felt emotionally conflicted at the sight of her

He had imagined wanting to find Lacey when she was alone, in her room. He wanted to confront her in a situation that he could control. He had planned quietly enter her room and wait for her to return from dinner. He wanted to see if he could find any evidence of the missing money in her possessions and then wait with a drink and wait to see her come in. He would say her name Lacey softly, savouring the look of shock on her face when she heard his voice and saw that he was real and he was there waiting for her. Her name soft as it crossed his lips. He knew she would be shocked when he saw him, maybe even try to run again from him. Then he would have to make sure that she didn't. That was until he discovered the accommodation arrangement. His lip had curled in disgust.

Karim had played out scenes over the last year or so about running into Lacey again. He imagined holding Lacey against him as she writhed in his arms trying to break free. And then....well he never got further than that. Truth was he didn't know what he was going to do. He wanted to see her, that was true, but it looked like his body wanted to betray his anger towards Lacey. He still wanted her that much was truth and he knew it. He didn't want to face it but he was going to have to deal with that emotion at a later date, until then he would bury the unwanted emotion and crush his physical attraction towards Lacey so he could focus on the situation in front of him. It was a matter of honour to take his revenge.

She had to face the music not only for embezzling from him but for also walking out on him without a word and pay she would.

"Who do you think you are?" The man demanded, dragging Karim back into the here and now, with his aloof and abrupt tone. Forbes-Smith had noticed Karim was still standing there and not scurrying away like anyone else had done earlier. Karim gritted his teeth, having momentarily forgotten about the loathsome oaf. Being face to face with Lacey had thrown him into a tail spin bringing up conflicting emotions. She still looked lovely, a little on the slim side for his taste.

Back to business- he faced the man. Karim had researched Stanley Forbes-Smith after finding out where Lacey was. He knew the public profile but he also knew his hidden side of booze and women. The payoffs and the number of women he had gone through while his long suffering wife turned a blind eye. Interesting that they found each other; he pondered. Although it wasn't looking like it was going very well.

"Damn it, I asked you a question and by God I will have an answer," Forbes-Smith spluttered angrily, spots of spittle punctuating his outburst and spraying over his sweaty shirt. He cruelly grabbed Lacey's arm making it clear that she was his property. The creep stood slightly behind Lacey almost using her a shield against Karim.

He puffed up to his height of 5,6  which was nothing against Karim's 6,2 height and carried on in his outraged high pitch tone, "How dare you interrupt a private meeting. Who do you think you are?!"

Karim saw Lacey blink as if she was coming out of some kind of spell and back to an unpleasant reality. She mouthed oh my god silently for a few seconds, seemingly in shock, then finally spoke, "No, get away from me. Mr Forbes-Smith...please!" Forbes-Smtih reluctantly removed his hand from her arm. The red marks were very visible.

"Really Lacey, playing the innocent?" Karim cast her a look of pure disgust and saw her gaze drop to the floor. Good. But he also noticed the tears that even now glistened on her lashes the trembling of her shoulders and the desperate wringing of her hands. She looks genuinely upset. He quashed the thought immediately. I can't trust myself to make these judgements-- not when it comes to her. I mean how could he trust himself around her after what she did? He ignored his thought.

"Did I just walk in on your latest big seduction scene?" The biting tone did little to hide Karim's scathing tone. He carried on, "Or, though I find this unlikely, are you in fact at the mercy of a womanising predator who might be threatening your job if you don't comply with his sexual proclivities?"

Lacey blushed at Karim's words. There was no mistaking his anger at seeing her.

"I know ridiculous, who would use their position to get sex?" He looked hard at Forbes-Smith knowing what he truly was.  He pinned his gaze on Lacey and carried on mercilessly, "rather most people I seem to know use sex to get what they want, don't you agree Lacey?"

Lacey just stared at him trembling. Her delectable mouth moved.

"Well Lacey which one is it?"

He barely caught her whisper, "the second one." Forbes-Smith blustered loudly over the top of her meek tone, but Karim heard every word and he wished he hadn't. It was most inconvenient. So Lacey had bitten off more than she could chew, this time round. His first instinct had been correct.

"What the hell did you call me...you...you little upstart," Forbes stuttered, his startled response coming a little late in the game.

"Karim...please?"

Karim never thought he would hear Lacey beg. It was difficult perceiving her as a victim after months of Karim believing otherwise.

"You know this little appallingly rude upstart?!" Forbes-Smith turned to Lacey and Karim saw a frightened expression flit across her face. Unfortunately so did Forbes-Smith and he started to hurl abuse at Lacey trying to use her fear against her, "YOU do know who this little upstart is don't' you! Probably some bloody cabana boy that you played with and now you spurn my advances?! You little bitch."

"No..."

He leaned threateningly over Lacey enjoying the perceived power that he thought he was gaining with Lacey cowering under him. "You are going to do what I tell you, you little bitch. And I won't be taking no for an answer any more."

Karim could see Forbes-Smith's anger and knew that he had thwarted his plans of having Lacey for the moment. But with all men such as him, if there was another opportunity he would take it and most likely hurt Lacey. He also saw that Forbes-Smith was getting angry at being spurned by Lacey and being interrupted by him and he couldn't act. Still Forbes-Smith obviously had no idea who he was dealing with and he needed to know even if it was to protect Lacey from Forbes-Smith. His lip curled in cold pleasure at this thought. He was going to enjoy making Forbes-Smith aware of just who he really was.

"There is no need to be so rude," Karim replied, directing Forbes-Smith anger back towards him. He had seen the way Lacey flinched when the fool addressed her. He curled his finger in Lacey's direction. He saw that she saw his gesture and she quietly tried to start moving away from Forbes-Smith. Hesitantly at first, in case he grabbed her again.

"Mind your place and move along," came the furious answer. "The lady and I have personal business to attend too and I will not have you ruin my evening any further." Forbes-Smith spouted, red in the face. Forbes-Smith sensed Lacey trying to move away and grabbed her arm again in the same place. Lacey winced at the pain. She tried to move away and Forbes-Smith held her arm tighter.

Karim snorted, allowing the predatory smile to have its way. The pompous fool had no idea who he was talking to. Karim could see Lacey furtively glance at him, almost pleading not to be left alone with this guy. He wondered what it cost her to beg to be released from this boorish prig. He could see the marks on her arms. He went cold with anger. No woman should be treated this way.

Karim's tone was like brittle dropping ice. "Let's start with answering your questions." He paused, so Forbes-Smith was forced to pay attention to him rather than the squirming Lacey. Karim carried on, "I am here on business. And yes, your companion definitely knows me, very well in fact."

Lacey blushed. Forbes-Smith glanced at her, narrowing his piggy eyes. Forbes-Smith also saw that blush and it made him even angrier. He knew what it meant.

"Now I tend to call things as I see them. I called you a womanising predator, Forbes-Smith. Interestingly I would also call her a predator. I have to wonder if her resistance to you is all just an act. She's an accomplished actress...among other things."

It was calculated insult and question. Lacey would only have to say the word that Karim had misinterpreted what he had seen. It would however leave her alone with her boss. That would not be a good thing to happen. She had the choice.

"And finally as to who I am?" He smiled and it was a smile of a lion about to pounce. "I am Karim Mansour." He didn't use his title of Sheikh or mention that he was a crown prince. He didn't' need to and his former lover knew it. As it turned out so did Forbes-Smith.

Forbes-Smith arrogant nose-in-the-air stance suddenly crumbled. He dropped his hold on Lacey who moved away from him and walked over to Karim standing off to one side. She was now out of Forbes-Smith reach and rubbed her arm. She would never go back there if Karim had any say. Karim saw her relief was apparent and mixed with pain. Close enough to make it clear that she was going to Karim, but not close enough that he would get any ideas. Lacey for the most part always had been easy to read. Apart from when she was lying to him came the nasty thought. He looked back at Forbes-Smith and saw uncertainty mixed with anger.

Forbes-Smith shoulders sagged and his gaze dropped to his feet, intent on studying his ugly, overpriced shoes. Right about now, he was probably wishing that he had never laid eyes on Lacey. Karim didn't need to use titles, his name alone would do. Forbes-Smith was a small fish in a big pond who was about to be eaten by the big bad shark. The damage Karim could do with a single phone call... Yes, Forbes-Smith knew who Karim was and he was terrified.
He also knew that Lacey knew who this man was and he was furious at being caught out be someone that he would normally covet for his business. She had some explaining to do.

------------------------------------------------------------

There was a time when Lacey would have been thrilled to see the effect that Karim had on people. Now it made her cringe to know that he could reduce people to a terrifying mess when he held their future in his hand, just by saying his name.

Lacey watched pleased that her boss was finally getting his comeuppance. He looked angry and mortified all rolled into one.  She was careful not to show her expression knowing she was still stuck between a rock and a hard place. At least Forbes-Smith would be taken care of and she would just have to find a way to give Karim the slip and disappear off the island in a hurry. Granted he was the last person that she had ever expected to see again. Her mind drifted in painful memories. These sort of conferences weren't his thing and she had to wonder why he was here. It certainly couldn't be because of her. She painfully remembered that he had become distant in the last few weeks they were together. He had made it clear he was no longer interested in her and the excuses of business trips had become more and more common. She couldn't take being hurt any longer or any deeper and so had chosen to up and leave.

Granted she probably should have told him in person, but at least she had emailed him outlining her reasons. He couldn't possibly be here because she walked out on him before he could??

Unfortunately it was coming from the one man she never wanted to see again. How did she get herself in these situations? She focussed back on the situation unfolding in front of her. Forbes-Smith stood there pale as his world crumbled around him, the ruddiness of the drink had gone; so had his pompous attitude. "You mean that you are the head of Baccarat Investments? The Sheikh, the crown prince..."He trailed off, obviously realizing the dangerous position he had put himself in.

Lacey saw the smug smile on Karim's face "I see that you are familiar with my company and my name," he drawled.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Your highness, your majesty." Any last vestiges of attitude had well and truly disappeared. Forbes-Smith was trying to back pedal so fast he was spluttering over his words. He was in the cross hairs and Karim was well aware that both of them knew it.

"I apologise profusely your honour. If I had known that you and the lady were...together I would never have imposed..."

"Imposed is an interesting way of describing your behaviour of the last forty-five minutes Forbes-Smith," Karim interjected. "You have disgraced us all with your behaviour."

"I apologise your highness." He didn't dare look up at Karim.

Karim could see that Lacey couldn't stand there and not say something. He heard her comment. "We are not together," she muttered feeling lightheaded over see Karim again.

Karim levelled a look at her, so powerful in its impact and mesmerising in its depth, that she felt breathless for a moment.  She sensed a question hang in the air between them, unspoken. Did she want to escape her current predicament or not? She was caught between a rock and a hard place, and those unviting granite walls were closing in fast.

"Karim...Karim and I..."

"We are old friends, a misunderstanding if you please."  Karim said, smoothly halting Lacey's awkward verbal stumbling. She held back a sigh of relief at being spared from going into any further detail. Karim held out his hand toward Lacey. "Would you like me to leave?" she looked at the offered hand for a moment, leaving it hanging.

He was still giving her a choice but one that really didn't exist. She knew that Forbes-Smith was going to be very angry once Karim had gone and she didn't want to be on the receiving end of that anger and what without question he would do to her. She also guessed Karim was here for revenge due to her leaving him. It wouldn't be a stretch; after all she had walked out on him with no explanation. Although all she had done was just get in before he could. She stepped forward and took Karim's hand. He promptly drew her close, tucking her at his side, one hand loosely around her waist, his possession clear to all.

Karim paused and looked back at Forbes-Smith. They then walked away not another word was said to Forbes-Smith. Karim's guards were all around out of sight but all the same they were there. Forbes-Smith was smart enough to know that a man with that much power would not be alone. Forbes-Smith's eyes glittered in anger. His humiliation complete; and a plan for his own revenge forming in his own mind.




© Copyright 2014 lily maxwell (lilymaxwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1982808-Rebellious-Mistress-Chapter-3