*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989385-Fencing-The-Free-Hearts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1989385
true love can never be fenced and never be won against
FENCING THE FREE HEARTS






















PROLOGUE


TWO feet enter the empty room which was crowded with the stiffness of sadness and whispers of prolonged cries, soft cries. those cries of having to miss the person, of  having to lose the entire life without that person, of having to love that person without anyone knowing and of not knowing how to tell the person that those cries are just for him.

The cries suddenly stop, abruptly. 

"You shouldn't be here"

No reply.

"No,...just go"

"Go?"

"Yes, go"

After few tears and silence the two feet that entered turn away to leave.

"Don't go" the voice instructed with full of hesitation and confusion.

The feet stopped.

"But you asked me to go?"

No reply.

"I can't..."

"Live without me?""

"But I can't..."

"Live with me?"

"Practically, yes....."

"I know"

"You know?"

Nods.

"H..How? I never told you..."

"Need you?"

"Wait...Don't confuse me"

"Come with me"

"No"

"Come"

"It is not impossible. But it is not possible either"

"Come"

"Go"

"Come...please?"

Long, very long silence breaks the thoughts of the two. after long lengthy stares,

"Fine"

"I love you"

"I needn't tell how much I love you"

"I know"

Four feet run away from the room hoping to flee the vigil and the bordered nations to go to the lonely land where only humans and love make a living.

 







CHAPTER ONE




"You don't know me"

 "I do"

She turned to look into his eyes-truthful with no traces of guilt or hesitation. She stiffened.

"No, you don't"

"Akhim?"

Tears, only tears.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh yes? Akhim? Lucknow? That riot? Nothing? Nothing at all?"

She turned away and paced up fearing where all this would lead her to.

"You can't run from the truth, nor from me, Meera"

She walked and tried to stop hearing whatever he was saying. She couldn't stand there any longer.

"Meera" a gentle whisper she could hear.

Knowing she was defeated and that she could stand all this no longer she knelt to the barren ground, her face buried to her shaking hands, her eyes withering out all those drops that she thought she could easily manage not to show. Her face was dark not wanting to know the truth all around her but still wanting to make that unpleasant truth, the false.

He came running to the crying soul knowing not what to do.

"No, go away... I don't want anyone..." he could hear her amidst those heavenly tears.

"I can't just go... I won't go"

"Go..."

"Meera?"

No reply.

"I will be there for you"

"You needn't"

"Yes, I needn't but I want to"

"This was what Akhim told and now? Where is he?"

"Here", he pointed to her.

"Nobody is here. Just an idiot who thought her Akhim and her love will be her life forever. Now all I have are those fond memories which bring pain any time I think of it."

"You aren't an idiot"

"I am, Kabhir"

He couldn't think of what he would say to comfort his Meera.

"I know what you are into" she said breaking the silence into a thousand shattered pieces. He raised his head to see her. She knew? All his feelings for her?

"I can't afford it yet again. I am already having so much pain that needs me to keep worrying for the rest of my life"

"I don't understand what you are talking about", he lied deliberately.

"You don't? Really?"

"I do... I do..."

"Please stay away...that is all I can say"

"You needn't worry for me. I will be safe and happy as long as I am with you"

"No you won't"

"I will"

"Get lost...please..." her tears were real. That was more than enough for him to know that she cared for him and that was his good sign.

He couldn't move. He raised his arm and placed it on her shoulder that were bent on crying while with the other he raised her chin and made her look into him.

She saw through him, his blue eyes, the angry cries to protect her and make her his.

He was sure and she was sure he was sure. But she didn't want anything to happen again and anything to let her regret like she is already doing.

"I won't get lost. I will make you feel secure. I will be your shadow..."

"Shadows too get lost when the sun disappears and the moon comes in"

"Yes...but when a lamp is lit even when the moon is all over the sky, there is shadow...I will be that, Meera. Mine will be the shadow to yours...I will be there for you, forever...I promise"

"I hate promises and this is not the first time I am hearing such promises, Kabhir....you may be serious but I am more serious than you are...We are not happening. We can never happen. There is no "us" anytime eve in the farthest future."

"There is. If you don't want me to worry for you and I tell you the same" he looked at her confused eyes, "Don't worry about me. I have my own life and that is you" he pointed at her.

"I am nobody's life, and especially not yours. You may wonder why I am so harsh on you. I don't bother. If my softness excites and encourages you to be with me then I will be the best fool ever. You go live your single life without me. I tell you, you will be grateful to me very soon if you hear what I say to you now."

"You think only you know to love a person, be soft, be affectionate, be calm, be harsh and still be his life? I swear I know all that."

"I am done with you...now go"

"Give me a chance"

"I am no one to offer you opportunities and yours is not a life to be wasted by asking opportunities...Go", she said as she stood up removing his hands from her shoulder and walked fast in the faint hope of escaping him.

"I love you, Meera. I will come with you even if you don't want to. I know you are pretending and these acts of yours are never going to be permanent nor are they going to stain my love for you."

He walked behind her, causing dismay to her. But inside, she started feeling that something is going to change her all over again. For good or for bad, but it is certainly going to happen.

She didn't bother him but didn't completely try to distract herself from him. He knew her swirling mind. She was confused, but this should be an understatement. She was in the hell of confusions.

A thought came to her which made her realize what she ought to do right away. She stopped, her heart beat rising in tempo. Kabhir was a little shocked to see her stop so suddenly.

She turned to him and blinked twice. He knew she was tensed, this was her body language.

A questioning look he shot at her. She slowly walked to fill the distance between them. Kabhir was sweating all over not knowing if all this was for his happiness or if he would regret all this later.

"Kabhir...what will make you stop yourself from coming behind me?"

"I don't think that is possible, Meera. You don't have that power or the will to get me back home."

She loved how strong he was when it came to her. But she too had that fear of having to stop thinking about him anymore.















© Copyright 2014 GangaRamesh (gaangaaraamesh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1989385-Fencing-The-Free-Hearts