*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990283-Do-I-Belong
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1990283
A short essay on me, and how well I fit in with my peers.
So, today after school I went for a walk. Not only did I run into a few carcasses, I also ran into two girls that ride my bus, who are best friends. We'll call them Rose and Marcy. Rose and Marcy were walking together down the road, talking, laughing and teasing each other. I walked past them, and they didn't acknowledge me. This should not have at all upset me in the least. After all, we're not friends, and run in different social circles. But I couldn't help but wonder; Is it me? Or is it them?

          Are all of my old fears of nobody wanting to be my friend suddenly coming back to haunt me? I should not be afraid. After all, these girls were not going to kidnap, or otherwise harm me. I did not have a reason to be embarrassed or ashamed. And yet I was. I felt totally invisible. Like just because I was walking all alone, this would somehow make them think that I was less of a human being. I do have friends. Quite a few of them actually. Unfortunately, none of them live near me. Marcy, Rose and their other friend Daisy, are very close. I can imagine that they have sleepovers, and text each other all day long, telling each other all of their secrets. I'm close to my friends, and like that I can walk the hallways at school during lunch hour with a pack of laughing girls on either side of me. And yet I still feel alone. Simply because I am not like they are. Now what sense does that make?
© Copyright 2014 wordlover300 (wordlover13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1990283-Do-I-Belong