*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991226-FINDING-EL-DORADO--PART1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nico
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1991226
A ship wreck,An old gold mine of the Aztecs in the Amazon,AND YOU THINK THAT'S NORMAL !!?


PART..1/3

On the many dangers faced by a dangerous man does not make it dangerous for him..confused right ? Do not worry it happens a lot to people who have gone crazy due to some experience to speak gibberish or simply puzzling words for any normal man to understand. Actually I am telling all this because I think I have gone crazy . The only lonely question that arises is that what experience have I gone through..?

Sorry for not introducing myself, I am Professor George Watterson, junior geography professor in Durham University. I am supposedly the youngest teacher right now ,so I am also the most active one as well . Even after so much hard work as a teacher, my students are unhappy because they say that I am out of station half the time so they cannot study in my absence. It was good for us if a teacher did not come in our times and I came first in bio when we did not even have any teacher once(since he resigned) . The reason I miss my classes is because I love dense forests and jungles. I go around the globe roaming around alone in some jungle,living in tents and making a bonfire . In the jungles of Congo, Kenya, Cherrapunji etc. I have encountered dangerous predators and reptiles in most of my adventures. There is just one place I have not gone to..the rain forest that gives about 75% of oxygen of the world .....the Amazon rain forest. People say it is inaccessible to the center....but not for me...Thankfully I dream t about that today at 7 in the morning ,so it actually came true. "Sir, there's a letter for you t'day' said Vernon,a messenger in our university." Oh it might be Pr.Kevin's agreement for the fest..'. I opened it up and my hands started shaking, my heart was in my mouth. 'Is it anything bad sir?' a student asked.

'No ... its awesome.... I'm going to amazon..!!!' I exclaimed.

'But sir we were supposed having test on tectonic movement on Monday and its supposed to be counted in our semester !'another student started her lecture.

'Then it will be held next month and don't worry I will get the other exams postponed'

The letter had the location of where I had to come and my ticket to go there. When I reached mexico city from where were supposed to take a plane to Rio , the NGC agency boarded a couple other men and me on a private plane .They told us what our job was . We were called here for a show to find a so called lost gold mine which was hid by the Aztecs. This gold mine was said to be sacred to the tribal s . It is none other than the El Dorado.

The question was, why was I shooting a film? I had not wasted my money on that!! We boarded our ship at about 9 in the morning ,by 10 we were off the coast .On the cruise I was just busy admiring the gulf when someone actually came to me ....
"Yo !" he said. He was a dark skinned ,had a small nose , quite short and maybe a dignified Indian." You didn't recognize me did you ??"

"Nope ....sorry I can't remember you" .What a weird question was that ....just come around from somewhere and ask something like that...

"You're still short-witted like in school"the man asked.the word 'SCHOOL' shot out my memories . I started thinking of a thousand names of boys present in my school but unfortunately none of the names came to my mind..

"Please don't keep the suspense ...tell me your name !!"I exclaimed. "It's Rohan ... coming back to you now?"he replied.

"Oh the Rohon whose father got shifted from India to UK?". "Yes ..and its Rohan by the way and not Ro-hon or whatever you were calling me" he replied.

"Oh the one who tried to prank others and got pranked himself ? ".

"Y-Y-Yes ..."he replied stammering a bit.

"The one who got punished by the prefects everyday for eating in class during periods.."

"OK!! Now you are embarrassing me !"he said giving me a shy smile.

"Sorry so why are you here ?"I inquired. "I have to start from the beginning then....after leaving school I studied in IIT Delhi ..heard about it ?"Rohon said ."Yeah! very famous for science right ?"

"Absolutely..so carrying on, I got my degrees after that and became an IT engineer" he continued. "Thankfully I got an awesome job in Infosys. So now a part of the crew are going for a conference in Rio De Janerio." "Oh I see, quite interesting" I replied.
"And you what's your purpose?." "NGC has appointed 3 people for a show to find the lost gold mine named El Dorado"I replied again. "That means you are an actor ... whoa that s amazing seriously!!" . "NO! I'm not an actor but a professor in Durham University..they appointed me I don't know why but anyway I am going to the Amazon that's what I want ..end of story!!"I fumed.

"OK maybe then not so interesting.."he replied very very very softly perhaps. Till sunset we chatted and laughed a lot and in the evening played snookers in the game room (though the balls moved a lot)and laughed more.

It was about ten in the night Rohan was asleep in his cabin and suddenly there was a jurk and the ship stopped .I had a bad feeling about this for which I ran in to the deck and found Rohan there as well ."What happened ?"I asked ."The ship has been ...hiiiiiiiiiiiiii..."and he was dangling on the railing and screaming ."Hit.." . The huge mass was tilting on its side and passengers were falling apart. water started filling on the deck .I lost my balance and ...I pulled Rohan down with me deep into the blue ocean.


© Copyright 2014 Nico (akaash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991226-FINDING-EL-DORADO--PART1