*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994679-Is-it-You
Rated: E · Poetry · Career · #1994679
You? Standing there?
No hard feelings. There is always someone who will be better qualified. I just want to know.

Is it you riding the same train as me? Is it you walking down the same sidewalk?

Is it you that judges me by the content of my social media pages or judges me for not having them?

Is it you I have to impress?

You, who paints her nails green on the weekend and takes it off before Monday rolls around, favoring the proper nude to complete your business attire because no ounce of personality is allowed to show through?

Is it you who discards my resume because it doesn't say that I spent four years of my life studying something that did not prepare me for this job?

Is it you who will only judge my knowledge's worth by what's printed on a piece of paper?

Is it you that looks for the best and brightest, but won't stop to consider that maybe the brightest didn't want to sink their ship with debt before departing from the port?

Is it you that stands between me and the commodity I need for my survival?

Is it you who bases my worth on one page I send to you through cyberspace?

Is it you who tells me that I need years of experience as well as crippling debt to be considered?

Is it for you that I wait by the phone, anticipating acceptance or rejection, all at your whim?

Is it you telling me I'm not good enough, though tactfully and "professionally"?



Tell me, is it you?
© Copyright 2014 E. Greycourt (greygraces at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1994679-Is-it-You