*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995430-Tea
by Ronika
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1995430
Flash Fiction. Very short.


Just breathe. Just breathe, she said, and it will be fine. Well, it wasn't fine. Her head was hurting and she had no real sense of where she was or what was happening to her. Justin had long since gone, she was alone in their bed. Why was she scared all of a sudden? She stared up at the white blank ceiling and counted to ten. That was better. 
She got up and made herself tea, it was still dark outside. One of those cold, grey winter mornings when nothing seems to matter other than the warm cup of tea in your hands. She sat on the couch and soon fell back asleep, a dreamless, death like sleep. 

When Justin came home he found her wrapped  up in a blanket by the fire. Her tea had spilled over the floor and now made a sticky mess. He had never understood why she had to put three lumps of sugar into her tea. How could anyone drink something that sweet? 

He tried to wake her up. The blanket slipped off her head. She was not asleep. 
It had not been sugar.
© Copyright 2014 Ronika (ronika at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995430-Tea