*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995707-Amnesia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by RobD
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1995707
Contest Entry for 06/04
1st Place Winner Submitted on 06/04...292 Words



Charles Mason sat next to his roommate, Aaron, who was in an obvious state of confusion.

“First of all, don’t panic. Everything is going to be fine,” Charles said.

“But I don’t remember anything,” Aaron said.

“That’s not possible. You have to remember something.”

“I don’t even know who I am, or who you are. All I know is that I woke up sitting on the couch an hour ago. Before that my entire life is gone.”

“So you don’t know your purpose here either?”

“Am I not speaking English? I don’t remember anything. Nothing. I’m a total blank in here,” Aaron said tapping the side of his head with his right index finger.

Charles had heard of one case like this before, which had eventually led to the destruction of the defective unit. However, since there was nothing else to do, he made a call to Mission Headquarters.

“We have a problem. Aaron Mils has a memory glitch and needs an emergency re-flash.”

“That’s not good. He’s very important to us.”

“I know,” Charles said.

“All right, turn him off and I’ll send someone right over.”

Charles reached over and put his hand on the back of Aaron’s neck. He felt the small mole just below the hairline and pushed on it. Aaron’s eyes closed and his body went limp.

When the doorbell rang, Charles opened the door to a large, bald man carrying a briefcase.

“Is he ready?” the man asked taking off his coat.

“Yes.”

“You know this may not work.”

“Yeah, but we have to try. He’s scheduled to start work as a Presidential Aide at the white house in the morning.”

“In that case, I’d better double check the explosive charge in his self destruct program too.”



© Copyright 2014 RobD (robd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995707-Amnesia