*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995709-Crazy
by RobD
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1995709
Contest Entry for 06/06
1st Place Winner Submitted on 06/06...296 Words



Martin sat on the edge of his bed with his hands over his ears as Howard and Delores arguing with each other.

“That’s enough,” Martin shouted. “What is wrong with you?

“It’s not our fault,” Howard said.

“Yeah, it’s yours,” Delores added. “You’re the crazy person. We’re just figments of your imagination, So you see, you’re the one making us argue.”

“I’m not crazy.”

“Ok, schizophrenic then if you want to be technical about it,” Howard said.

“Sounds like crazy to me,” Delores said.

Martin was about to unleash his fury on the pair when Dr. Russell walked into the room.

“Good afternoon Martin. How’re things going today?”

“They’re at it again, Doc. They won’t stop their arguing one second and it’s driving me right over the edge.”

“Okay, Martin. Just relax. You know they’re just in your mind and they’re not real.”

“What good does that do me if I still hear them?”

“Let me give you something to make you sleep. That will quiet them down and make them go away for a while.”

Dr. Russell gave Martin an injection and within just a few minutes, he was sleeping soundly. When the doctor was sure his patient was dead to the world, he turned to the pair.

“I have to say, you two are totally convincing when you argue like that.”

“It’s nothing doc,” Delores told him. “I just visualize Howard here as my ex husband.”

“How much longer do we have to do this? Howard asked.

“We should have his accounts drained in another few weeks. Then we can send him on his way, making it look like suicide. After you two testify about how totally crazy he was, hearing voices and seeing people that weren’t there, there should be no questions asked.”

© Copyright 2014 RobD (robd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1995709-Crazy