*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996220-The-Tested
by Cextra
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1996220
Kail is a summoner, a sword wielder, able to summon a weapon from sheer nothingness.
The course of action decided was too risky.

Kail walked right beside his mentor, looking up at the hazel nut flavored ceiling wondering whether or not the council was correct in firing Cast SW. "Kail, the decision made by the council was not a very wise one. They're forcing on us an immediate threat. You must leave immedietly"

Kail didn't understand what his teacher meant.

Of all the things he understood, it was this.

For the span of 30 years, war has been ravishing the land between the newely stated 4 Dire.
It all began after a meteor was discovered deep in the south continent.
Strange occurances were happening across the world because of it (or so humanity believed). The meteor which would start man-kind's seperation caused some of the population to gain an unknown ability, hidden within their bodies (or something). Science as whole totally gave up, since this wondrous power couldn't possibly have any explanation. Children were able to summon weapons. From where? "Dimensions" science stated. Some speculated that humanity somehow bridged the gap to other worlds because of the meteors very existance. No one really knew what the true answer was. No one actually thought the meteor was really important, "It was just a hunk of rock, this is just stupid speculation.
We know this isn't natural, so why is this happening." The bigger and most important question many where bothered with was,
"Why only medieval weapons, why never lasers or modern weaponry"
This strange power would have disastrious effects on the populace, humanity constantly fighting, children were able to destroy entire cities. But the worst was the creation of bloody warlords with the power to lead entire continents.

Kail knew his mentor wanted him to flee far, for the Cast SW was aimed right toward Kyle, the warlord of the east dire.
"There is no time for you to think about running, you must act. Head over to the city of Cain."
"But why would I head there!" Kail responded, but he just shrugged himself away. The slow pace which slowly turned into a jog didn't him.
Down the poorly built wooden hall, only glancing back once, to see the back of his mentor and on the gorund, the silhouette of the west dire.

Kail, wasn't afraid, he was a "tested".
© Copyright 2014 Cextra (cextra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996220-The-Tested