*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996460-Part-2-The-Village
by Cextra
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1996460
Kail continue's his journey to the City of Cain.
"What would I do in the city of Cain"

Kail headed down the forest path, slowly gliding his hands besides the old red trees which shaded him from the sun. He jumped around a couple logs thinking about the West and East Dire.

Kale spoke under his breath, "I guess I could be thankful I won't be near the school when they fire the SC." Kail summoned a small dagger between his hands and swung it through the air, slicing what would be wooden dummies.

All of a sudden everything in front of him grew a shadow. The ground lit up and turned pitch black.

Kail looked back only to see a few flashes of blue light appearing from the horizon suddenly shooting up into the sky, parting the darkness.

Kail raised his left hand to shield his eyes from the rays of light, "so blinding" he told himself.

He dis-summoned his dagger and kept walking down the trail, knowing inside his head the conflict which would now begin between the East and West Dire. "The two Dire's with the most power" he told himself.

He wondered if the SC would work against the West Dire ---, he just kept walking.

He parted two bushes in front of him, looking out over a small town hidden between the trees. "Cain is only another 4 miles from here, I shouldn't stop here". Kail kept walking moving between rocks and grass that dotted the hillside. Climbing down the steep slope he finally reached the edge of the village. A couple family were outside, probably worried about the flash of light that appeared only minutes before. "If only they knew about the war that had begun" Kail thought to himself.

Kail knew the rules of Dire war.

The 4 Dire Leaders created a higher ruleing over themselves, a court of "justice" (or so we believe). This court would create the rules of everything that concerned the Dire. War was one of those major decisions which they had control over.

War would consist of militia summoners, a group of any size but each would swear honor on one of the 4 Dire. The Court stated only 2 Dire could be in war at a time, giving the two other Dire's a chance to re-supply They made this decision because of constant strife between the Dire. The Court new war would never stop.

The militia summoners of each Dire consited of the best fighters. The 4 Dire set up a military program which consists of schools. There were 10 schools within each Dire nation containing a different rank of warriors.



A glint of light, top right.

Kail summoned a dark rapier and reflexed toward the glint of grayish light, blocking a flying hatchet, which strangely appeared to have dark blue engravings running up it's handle.

"What do you want" Kail said with hands out-streched wielding the thin blade and focusing his eyes on the person in front of him, but not without using his peripheral vision to watch for any more sneak attacks.


"We don't feel very safe with a stranger walking through this village. If you're not going to stay get out of here now."

Kail summoned a longsword to intimidate his new opponent.

Responding with a twinkle in his eye, "I can take by the way you don't notice what i'm wearing that you've never seen a summoner school. My name is Kail, and i'm heading toward the city of Cain".

The (real stranger) had a confused look on his face. He didn't back away or blink, instead he raised his finger toward Kail and said, "That symbol on your left hand, what rank are you?"

Kail looked toward his left hand. He then raised it up to show the stranger the symbol on his hand, and spoke "This symbol isn't supposed to resemble a rank, it's here to resemble the program I was in"

Kail was a "Tested"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Tested" program began 10 years ago.

Kail couldn't remember anything in details except the pain and anguish he felt. This program began when the eastern Dire felt a need to research the power of summoners.

Kail was the ultimate failure.

"Tested" where the ultimate success.













© Copyright 2014 Cextra (cextra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996460-Part-2-The-Village