*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996499-Parvana--Houmas-POV
by Izzy
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1996499
FYI people I am 12
Parvana


I walked around the busy streets as I looked at the blue sky, it was a really beautiful day and the clouds had only started to roll in. I then smelt the waft of the a hot breeze that carried what could only be the smell of fresh naan being pulled out of the oven from the bakery. My stomach rumbled with the smell of the naan, I reached into my satchel and took a bite into the supple peach I'd been saving since breakfast; the pleasant taste running down my throat. "HOUMA!!" I whipped my head around to find the owner of the voice. I smelt the smell of roses and immediately knew who it was."Allie!!" I screamed as we flew into each others arms. That day Allie and I walked hand in hand down the lovely streets of Mazar to go to the beautiful mountains that held my house. Allie was a young girl of age, she had Polio (a disease that most kids caught) and her battle scars showed that; she looked so thin, pale and she didn't even look like herself. She was in her cute blue dress and was nine, I hadn't seen her eat, I smiled at her and stroked her hair as her little head laid in my lap."Houma??" Allie said in a whisper. I looked down at her hollow face in the room that was lit by a candle, "Allie??" I whispered. Allie looked up at me with a serious look,"tell me a story. Tell me something that I can't do anymore so I can do it in my head." Allie said. I saw sadness in her eyes, "you have a long time to go Allie." I said. She looked doubtful, I sighed and tried to reassure her, "one day, you and me, we'll will catch a train..." I said. "Where to??" she asked, with excitement in her eyes. She started to tremble, she was getting sicker by the minute, "somewhere far, far away from here. We will travel around and you will be healthy and fit; we will eat only the best food and wear the best clothes." I started to cry as I saw her tremble more, she was getting worse.
"That would be amazing to do" she grinned. I saw a tear drop from her little eyes, "And we will!!" I said. "We can't, but I would of loved to. I would love to be better. I am nearly gone Houma." Allie said. She looked so frightened, so scared, I wanted to hug her tight but it would do nothing "Don't think like that Allie!!" I said. She later fell asleep, I laid right next to her as she drifted off. I listened to her breath and tried to stay up to make sure she kept breathing but we all know I couldn't stay up that long. I woke up early and saw Allie not breathing, I tried CPR, I tried waking her up, I tried everything, but she was gone and I knew it from the beginning. I walked out into the lounge room and sat at the table and told the family that Allie was gone, very gone. Everyone started to cry. As we sat there crying we heard shots and screams followed by marching and doors being slammed open, the next thing I knew was I was on the floor being hit by a club and every hit burned my body, I hid myself and when they left I started running. I got to the next town and only then did everything catch up to me, My family was dead and so was Allie. I laid in the shadows of the building and that was when someone found me.

© Copyright 2014 Izzy (happy101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996499-Parvana--Houmas-POV