*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996875-Renewed
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1996875
Halt will never be done righting the wrongs he caused. He will live on through forever.
He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty, air. He brought his hands to the top of his head and felt soft, wavy locks of hair. He looked down at his new body. He was wearing a leather jacket over a white t-shirt and faded jeans. His hiking boots felt awkward on his feet, as he wore sandals in his previous life. He checked in the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a folded paper that held his new life story. He was Head Detective at the Los Angeles Police Department, had no relationships, and had a penthouse apartment.

"This will be easy." he thought.

He had never been more wrong. After seven months of hard work, Nolan had only succeeded in breaking three rules of his contract. He sat at home, trying to remember the life he used to have. The contract stated he could never have a relationship or leave any connections behind. He was pulled into a memory.

He reached out to take her hand, but she pulled back. She took out a knife.

"Why?" He sounded so innocent back then.

"I never liked you at all." She thrust the knife into his stomach.

The contract was all he had after that. He traveled between lives, making right the wrongs that were caused by his interference with her. He never stayed more than a year in each.


It was all he knew now. It was all he would ever know.
© Copyright 2014 Isabelle Wrighte (gemmacarlson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996875-Renewed