*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997070-Him
by Amreen
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1997070
This is the second chapter of 'Him?'. A story about a girl named Sayama. It is simple.
Chapter Two



Sayama clutches her notepad tighter, as if it would provide some sort of invisible support for her aching heart. She keeps staring. He introduces himself as Professor Abraham Chindler to the entire class. He smiles. That smile. Sayama's lips almost involuntarily curve into a grin at this sight. He calls out loud 'Students, I would like you to jot down the points I just discussed.' All the students, except Sayama, duck their heads in order to write. The room is filled with the noise of scribbling.

Abraham spots the odd one of course. He starts walking towards her. Sayama's heart pumps in a manner as though it would leap out of her chest any minute now. He knows that face. He has seen it before. He has seen her before. Sayama swallows and it feels like there is a lump in her throat. He can see how nervous he makes her. He cannot help but take a little bit of pride in it. They both stare at each other. He smiles at her and raises his eye-brows in inquiry of her weird behavior. She blinks twice, looks down and then grabs her pen. He goes back to his initial position.

Abraham is a tall, fair man with broad shoulders. He has gorgeous eyes. His lips are thick and pink. Sayama tries to sneak a peek at him while he's not looking in her direction. To her, he seems perfect. He is wearing a light blue shirt, with sleeves folded around the elbows. She adores the way in which he flips the pages of his notebook. His beard makes him even more desirable to Sayama. Before she realizes, the introductory class is already over. A little part of her dies as she watches him leave the room.

Sayama makes her way out of the Business department. She wishes to bump into him again somehow, but that does not happen. She is still thinking that she is probably in a lucid dream.  She reaches home only to find a furious mother waiting to charge her starving daughter. Sayama coaxes, 'Mummy, you can punish me by feeding me the entire caramel pudding after lunch. I promise I won't protest.' Amber enters the scene and noticing the glow on her best friend's face, she exclaims 'Well, well, well! Why do you look like you just won a lottery prize?' Sayama tries to keep her excitement low. She replies to Amber in a rather somber tone 'Na, just class. I had a good first day. That's all.' Amber does not look half as satisfied with that answer. Celina tells them, 'Both of you can finish your chit-chat after lunch. Now sit down and finish your meals like good girls.' She then leaves the room.

'Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar!' exclaims Amber. 'Shushhh... Amber. Okay fine. Yes, I lied. You wouldn't believe who my professor is.'says Sayama.



'As long as it isn't Ryan Gosling, I think I don't care who it .... Oh my God! No way!' says Amber after realization strikes her.



Sayama chuckles at her silly best friend for not guessing correct the first time around. 'Your professor is Abraham!' says Amber. Then she starts laughing out loud. Sayama soon joins her laughter. Their hearty laughter fills the room. Sayama knows deep inside that this laughter will soon turn into tears of sorrow, but this does not stop her from letting her emotions out. This is because, Sayama believes that emotions are supposed to flow. They are not supposed to be suppressed. If they were meant to be suppressed, then we would not feel the happiness after laughing out loud, or the relief after crying our hearts out. The cause or the consequence should never interfere with our emotions. And that is precisely why Sayama knows better than to cease laughing when the moment is right.

         





© Copyright 2014 Amreen (amreen.35 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997070-Him