*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998200-Expression
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Leigh
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1998200
a museum visit
Walking through the large doors I can't help but feel small.  The lighting above creating a warmth as it resonates around me.  It is quiet, but I can hear just a few whispers in the air.

I stroll through examining the beauty of others.  A bit envious of their skills and ideas. Reading the placards that accompany their works of creativity. It is a peek into the artists vision, giving you just enough information to learn a bit of who they are.

It is calming, yet stimulating.  I slowly wander here to refresh and enjoy the simple pleasures. I appreciate their sight of creativity and boldness to share their works. 

Some of them catch my attention, I can see a story through the imagery they have created.  The colors can be soothing sometimes and other times they seem to scream out. Each piece an expression of the artist, to be interpreted by the viewer.  I wonder if they know how much pleasure they give to those that visit.  I enjoy the experiences here, I feel honored that the artists share themselves.  A work of art is an extension of the person that created it.  It's a wonderful gift to share.

   
© Copyright 2014 Leigh (cutterzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998200-Expression