*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998246-A-strangers-bus-ride
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1998246
Just how I view bus journeys
A stranger’s bus ride



I catch the bus every day and I've come to notice that people really don’t like sitting next to people they don’t know. They would rather stand for the whole bus ride or at least until both seats are available before they sit down. Whatever happened to meeting someone on a bus and just being friendly and kind? Nowadays children and adults alike will put in their headphones rather than listen to the chatter of happy old ladies or drown out the speech of someone sitting next to them. When did humankind become so rude?

        I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a young man step onto the bus and look around for somewhere to sit, there were plenty seats available. Yet because it meant he had to sit next to someone he didn’t know, he refused to sit next to them. Why do we do this? Is it because we have been brought up to never speak to strangers? Yet we let strangers teach our children and drive our bus, so what is the difference of sitting next to someone?

        In the olden days people would sit next to each other on a bus and have a polite conversation together. Have we evolved in time to be more reclusive and cold to each other? Is it because crime is a bigger threat now then it was then? The truth is we just can’t stand or in this case ‘sit’, to be around people we don’t know.

        So to end this article I propose that in future, buses should have one single seats instead of double, or maybe no seats at all. I wonder if we would at all be bothered about sitting next to strangers when we all have to stand up together.


© Copyright 2014 Writergirl1996 (writergirl1996 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998246-A-strangers-bus-ride