*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000531-Charmed-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lane
Rated: · Short Story · Fantasy · #2000531
A boy battles to conceal his love within the Magic World.




Charmed Love


Across the mass lake of Heanswood, lay the three witch isles, named after the three sisters that once ruled over the mass land. There was Le Fee, Gloria, and Victoria. Concealed deep within the dark forest that spread around each isle, laid the different witch villages, each village was different due to the differences of belief the three sisters lived by. There was Le Fee the oldest sister who believed there should be no wizards amongst witches, Then Glory the second sister that saw love to be key in all life choices, And lastly Victoria the youngest sister that praised nature.

The great oak paddle boat came ashore, slowly pushing the pebbles forward. A small cloaked boy jumped overboard, and with his right hand he grabbed a small fire lamp. Without the slightest hesitation, the boy proceeded into the dark gloomy forest. The moon shone a mellow glow upon the trees which lit up with a haunting posture.

The boy drew back the cloak to reveal his long curly white hair, and round green eyes. Robert Zimmer was his name in Glorain village, the son of Martha Zimmer the herbal witch that sort her ways of magic through the natural herbs.

Robert came to a halt in front of a small grass hut. He stood a few minutes with closed eyes breathing steady. He knew that at his age his eyes would reveal the emotion he felt by turning a colour that resembled that particular emotion. He knocked on the door and heard footsteps.

The door opened to a young witch in her late twenties, she had long straight purple hair, and light blue eyes. Robert looked down for a few seconds before he greeted, Jennifer Croxley.  "Well if it isn't little Robert, back once again for let me guess... mmmm. Oh yes that of being parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme"

"Ah yes that's right Jennifer" smiled Robert as he walked into the small hut. Jennifer set to work climbing down a step ladder to the store room. "I love seeing you Robert you really make my nights at times"

"I enjoy coming Jennifer" Robert spat out while breathing slowly, his heart racing as the word love crept into his mind. Jennifer came into view with four pots of the different herbs that were requested.

"All the other wizards act strange around me, and fall in love so quickly!" smiled Jennifer .Robert sat motionless staring at Jennifer , he has been coming to her for years and knew he only had a few more years till he could mask his emotions.

"Yeah it's strange how some wizards work"

"You different you haven't revealed any emotion around me, you must be quiet mature"

Robert turned to a small pot that had a yellow liquid which twirled left to right within the pot.

"Oh I've been working hard on that, have a smell" Jennifer said sternly. Robert took a deep breath and laid back for awhile, he looked up to see Jennifer was upset.

"What appears to be the matter Jennifer" Robert said concerned.

"Robert that was a truth potion, you goanna have to go for awhile and not come back" Jennifer said with a hint of anger in her voice

Robert stood up to see that his eyes had turned pink the colour of true love for a girl.

"Jennifer I'm different I'm not like..."

"GET OUT ROBERT, YOU ALL THE SAME" shouted Jennifer, with a side Robert had never seen.

It's a fact that young wizards only chose one girl throughout their lives, once a wizard's eyes turn pink he is bound by love. Robert sailed back to Gloria Island with dark black eyes, an emotion of pure heart break, and a period that normally a full grown wizard would have to go through when his love one has died. For a wizard this young to go through such a stage meant big problems.

Countless weeks passed and visitors from all isles came to show their support towards Martha, for Robert had fallen into a deep meditation that lasted months. Few expect him to live on for the deep meditation can only be mastered by full grown wizards. Each night Martha would wrap her emotionless son with a woolly blanked and hum; him a hymn.

The autumn leaves covered the mass land as three leaves twirled their way around Martha's house. The leaves flipped and circled around till finally they reached Roberts room. The last leaf landed softly on Roberts face, a few minutes came by, when suddenly Robert stood up and walked out into the morning light.

The anxiety twirled within the stomachs of the villages, as villager upon villager hugged the boy .Martha's tears streamed down her face as her arms tightened around her son. With a gentle smile Roberts's eyes finally turned to his natural seawater blue.                          "Come now Robert there's a lot of work to do , I wish you could have time to rest but my boy the Mollo Moon fair is approaching and I have yet still herbal potions to finish. I have had Rosanna Kingsfer in and out of the house nonstop helping me as well as keeping an eye on you" said Martha with a stressful voice. Robert smiled and set straight to work separating the inner cells of the different herbs

A few hours past when there came a knock on the door, Martha stood up and opened the door. Robert sat in a deep concentration stirring the pot; he heard footsteps running closer and closer towards him. Before he could react long arms grasped around him and hugged him tightly.           "I'm sooo glad you made it Robert, you had us all worried" came a voice Robert felt soothed by.  A small girl with ruby red hair and round grey eyes stared into his.                          "Rosanna thank you so much for everything you have done"                                                "It's what we young witches do" smiled Rosanna as she let Robert stand to his feet.              "I'll be seeing you tomorrow night at the Mollo Moon Fair, our stand is next to yours" turned Rosanna, as she walked off quickly sighing.

"Okay I'll see you soon Rosanna" said Robert as he set back to work, with a confused face.

The day of the Mollo Moon fair started with the usual ciaos within the market, all witches and wizards from each isle came together to sell their own unique potions or items. As for the witches on Le Fair Island, they got given their own corner in which no wizard was allowed,    the day came and went before Roberts's eyes.

Robert turned around to get a few more potions when suddenly before him stood Jennifer. Robert smiled at her with his round blue eyes. "Robert that's not going to work again" said Jennifer as she waved truth serum before his nose, and still Roberts's eyes didn't change. "What Magic is this Robert" said Jennifer with a concern voice, as a small group of pass-a- bys gathered to see.                                                                                                     "There's no magic Jennifer I learnt what true love is, when I was in my deep mediation, I began to feel and understand what love is" said Robert as he walked slowly towards the stand next to him.                                                                                                                      "Well Robert I have put a lot of wizards in deep meditation and non have changed, so what then is true love boy" said Jennifer with her unnatural stern voice.

Robert walked up to Rosanna which turned towards him holding her breath. Robert smiled as Rosanna blew out, and her eyes turned pink. With that Roberts eyes turned pink as he kept his constant smile.

"True love is when someone takes your breath away" smiled Robert while holding Rosanna s hand. Martha turned to the awaited crowed and said "I guess there's a first for everything"



Words 1306

By L.P.Erskine

Note from writer:

A story  created after listening to Scarborough fair by Simon and Garfunkle. 

























© Copyright 2014 Lane (thelane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000531-Charmed-Love