*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000807-Inferno-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · History · #2000807
The prologue to my new novel, Inferno. A World War II parody.
Inferno


Prologue


Humans...... Such simple beings. Small and helpless to the unknown. Afraid of challenge, adversity, fear itself. They deserve the truth......Or do they? What if the truth made things worse? What if the one thing that was said to end things only started worse things? What if a little white lie can save our world, our lives, our very humanity?
I know I'm going off on a tangent. I apologize. But you wouldn't believe the horrors and devastation we can cause. Humans...Such destructive, biased beings. It's in our blood and nature. We are killing machines and we know it. We try with our very beings to not let it control us. But there is no solution.
There's a truth to be told. A truth that has be kept from you for over forty years. World War II was not simply a chess game between Allies and Axis, but a series of events that has probably led to the longest "Calm before the Storm" in human history. Our ideas are expressed better with destruction. You will see that.
That doesn't stop me from doing what is right. I had a job to do. No one told me to do it. I abide by my own rules. I didn't go AWOL. I didn't go "Rogue." I did the right thing. I stick by it. I used my destructive nature and made good out of it.
I'm shall tell you about it. You will form your own opinions. I will tell you the real story of World War II.........

© Copyright 2014 Dr. Hunter (bloodstar62 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000807-Inferno-Prologue