*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2004044-Violence
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2004044
What happens when one gets angry?
Violence

         Jay walked out to the balcony and threw the glass to the ground. It wasn't his day. The glass hit the ground below and shattered into a million pieces, he was lucky no one was standing there. It wasn't his fault.
         I watched a glass fall outside my window then heard somewhat distant voices yelling. Another fight I knew was no different from the others.
         The doorbell rang but I was still trying to understand the seemingly foreign language being spoken outside. 'Ding' once more. I stood up quickly to answer the door, stopping momentarily to fix my hair.
         The image of the falling glass still ran through my mind. Creak. The hand swung, cutting through the air effortlessly before reaching the aimed surface. Slap! I sensed it wasn't the hardest slap he'd ever given.
         It was shock more than pain and I wanted more than anything to strike back but he knew I wouldn't and I couldn't. A few moments of silence. I knew eventually this would land at my doorstep.
         May ran up the stairs screaming as loud as she could, claiming that he deceived her. He did but it wasn't his fault. I pulled them in to avoid causing a scene but it turned on me. Both voices coming at me like a seemingly foreign language so I ran out and down the stairs to Callum's room.
         The door was open. He knew this would happen. I ran into his arms and held tight, listening to his heartbeat. Gentle and soft. He shut the door behind me. I could still hear the shouts upstairs and waited for them to subside.
         There was a point when he wouldn't let go of me, when he wouldn't let anyone hurt me. Our lips would touch sending shocks down my spine but he would hold me tight and I would listen to his heartbeat. Gentle and soft.
         Suddenly, a glass fell outside the window and shattered into a million pieces. Jay walked out to the balcony and threw it.
         It wasn't my day. It wasn't my fault but I chose Callum and there was nothing more to it.

© Copyright 2014 Eli Mars (elimarschall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2004044-Violence