*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007735-FlashFiction-Daily-932014
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2007735
Prompt: "I can't believe you said that"
"You'll never guess what happened!" Morina was ecstatic.

"You got some manners?"

"No! There's a new teacher subbing for Mrs. Moore!"

Mrs. Moore--their English teacher--was an older and very strict woman who perfected the art of giving a homework assignment that would take up the entire weekend, no matter how long it was.

"Wait, really?" Trish said, her excitement growing as well.

"Yep!" Morina took a sip of soda before finishing. "..This means that we'll actually get to have a life this weekend."

==Later that day==

"Alright class,I have a surprise for you."

A girl with shoulder-length purple hair jumped up in excitement. "Oh, is it hot fries!?"

The sub looked at the girl in slight confusion and then broke out into a kind smile. "No, I'm afraid not. It is an experience. A journey to new and exciting worlds."

The class staired back at the teacher with wonder in their eyes.

"And the most interesting part is that these worlds are connected. You mission is to find out how. You will do this by solving these riddles."

She then pulled out a work book. "I expect these to be solved by the time we meet again on Monday."

Morina slammed her hands down on the desk and stood up. "No!" Everyone looked her direction. "Just... No! I want my weekend. I have my own worlds to explore... I... I can't believe you said that! You made it sound all cool and interesting. Then you whip out a work book. Nuh-uh. Nope, I'm out. Peace kids!" She then stormed out the room.

The teacher smiled and said "Now that she's gone, who'd like to pass out the hot fries?"

==END==
© Copyright 2014 5th Dimension Dreamer (dreamcore018 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2007735-FlashFiction-Daily-932014