*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2009084-A-Dream-Come-True
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2009084
Winston has a mysterious dream
Word count: 398
A Dream Come True

Talking to himself, Winston walks toward his bed and says to himself, “I am so tired. This steam goggle experiment is just going nowhere. Maybe I am wrong about everything.” Crawling into bed without another word, Winston climbs into bed, pulls his blue blanket on top of him and falls in a deep slumber.

Opening his eyes and seeing the brightest light all around him he sits up and says, “Am I dead?”

A lilting voice answers him, saying, “No, Winston. You are not dead. My name is Mona. I have been watching you work on your invention with the goggles. There are some mistakes you have been making in your creation. You realize this and do not have the knowledge at this time to take things further than where you are.”

Shielding his eyes from the brightness he looks up and sees the most beautiful woman dressed in a pink robe with a silver belt around her waist and says, “You have…how do you know…”

“Winston, you have a choice to make. I can help you with the assistance of my friends to give the knowledge you seek to complete your invention. In return there are many things we can do here in spirit form the only things we cannot do, are things that requires the physical form. In exchange for the knowledge I ask that you help us with the things we are limited to do?”

Excitedly, Winston says, “This is so amazing. I love to experiment and explore new things. This is something I know no one has done before. I will do what I can. I agree to help.”

“Excellent. You are getting tired and must sleep to gain your energy back that you are using in this exchange. We will start very soon. Look for the signs.”

Winston felt himself fall down and close his eyes once again. When he woke them up it was two days later. Walking over to his writing table he noticed a piece of paper with some writing on it. Picking up the piece of paper he read, Now that you have gotten some rest. The first thing to do is to look at these plans I have drawn for you to look at. This is where we start. Have fun! Putting the paper down he says to himself, “That was not a dream. This is real.”
© Copyright 2014 TJ Marie (snow_hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2009084-A-Dream-Come-True