*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012536-Protagonist-Background-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2012536
October 4 nano prep
Sarah opens her eyes in response to the sound of pounding on the door. Who could be knocking? No one knew where she had J.J. had spent their wedding night. Then she heard a loud masculine voice, “Junior!”

         The voice woke her new groom. His face was white with fear. The face that she could only surmise was because the man behind the door was his father, the Pastor.

         The two hurried to find their clothes. “Just a minute, Dad.” J.J. replied. He whispers to his bride, “don’t worry. You are my wife and there isn’t anything he can do to change that.”

         J.J. opens the door expecting to see only his angry father with his stable mother to smooth the fire that undoubtedly burned in James eyes for his son’s betrayal. However, there stood James, but he wasn’t alone. Beside him stood Sarah’s father Edward, powered the many drinks that he consumed throughout the night. Sarah’s brother’s Lee and Jake had tagged along. Both her brothers were over six and a half feet tall. They stood over her five foot six inch husband, like mountains.

         Lee slaps Sarah knocking her to the floor. J.J. ran over to her side. With one quick kick from the strong farmer’s leg, Lee had thrown the groom against his wife. The couple lay motionless against each other until Edward grabs Sarah by the hair and pulls her to the other side of the room. He held her back to watch her brothers beat the one she loved. She screams, “James, that’s your son.” She looks at James. “They are killing him. STOP!”

         James yells to the brothers, “Stop, this is my son. I will take him far away.”

         “Daddy, Daddy!” Sarah begs her father. “Please let him go. Make them stop, and I will never see him again.”

         Lee and Jake throw him out the door. James follows after him. He helps his son back in the truck. Sarah tail lights dim as they drove off through swollen eyes. She knew that she would never see him again.

         She never saw J.J. again, but she refused to go home. When she left the room, she was dropped at the hospital. She didn’t tell anyone what had really happen, but she signed herself out to journey into the unknown.

© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012536-Protagonist-Background-Story